cygnet (baby swan)

matt-l

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
cygnet is overexposed:(...only thing i don't like. ( the white specs are old pieces of bread. not dust)
IMG_5947-1.jpg

I agree - a very good low-key shot and I really like the angle - not the typical low down ,but rather right above from the sky!
Did you try the burn tool at all?

Very well done you can easily clone out the pieces of bread with mine I underexpose and bring out the detail in the birds in raw! :)

Got to go with poppy on that. In the ole film days I exposed for dark and developed for white. Now I expose for the white and PP the dark. Lately I have been working on lighting the whole scene . Nice shot though, I like the way the white fuzz hairs meet the dark water, very sharp:thumbup:

Thanks guys!

Overread. i downloaded Gimp maybe an hour after posting this so i'll see what i can do with the burn tool, i suck at it as of now lol.

set the amount or exposure or value of the burn tool to around 20%
that way you can build up the effect in layers to get what you want. Also if you use a new mouse click for each layer you can undo if you go a little far!
Have fun! **ps I am using elements not GIMP but I am trusting interface and controls are similar**

Most reactions

New Topics

Back