D-90 Waterproofing

The D90 has no water sealing. That's kind of my point. While on vacation I do a lot of wildlife shooting and I have terrible luck with weather always finding myself in the rain. Hence the D300s now instead of the D90. Though I never had an issue with the D90 I figured it was only a matter of time. You would need water to hit just the right spot though. I always just kept a towel in a bag and wiped off the camera whenever it started to get soaked. I still do this with my D300s though. EDIT: I should add that a friend with a 50D has been with me most of the time in the same rain and he never had an issue either. I don't believe the 50D is weather sealed.

:confused:

That is so F*@%ed up! OMG!

You just had your D90 up on the for sale section for 800 with the battery grip. Wow, I know now NEVER to trust a word you say...geez, I feel bad for the person who purchased your D90.

The D90 has no water sealing. That's kind of my point. While on vacation I do a lot of wildlife shooting and I have terrible luck with weather always finding myself in the rain. Hence the D300s now instead of the D90. Though I never had an issue with the D90 I figured it was only a matter of time. You would need water to hit just the right spot though. I always just kept a towel in a bag and wiped off the camera whenever it started to get soaked. I still do this with my D300s though. EDIT: I should add that a friend with a 50D has been with me most of the time in the same rain and he never had an issue either. I don't believe the 50D is weather sealed.

You just had your D90 up on the for sale section for 800 with the battery grip. Wow, I know now NEVER to trust a word you say...geez, I feel bad for the person who purchased your D90.

:er:
What makes you think the 2 D90's I've sold in the past 3 months ever saw any rain?

My primary D90 has over 200,000 clicks. Why would I sell that to someone?

Oh... and thanks for trying to attack my character while not having any clue what you're talking about.

Last edited:
What makes you think the 2 D90's I've sold in the past 3 months ever saw any rain?

Oh... and thanks for trying to attack my character while not having any clue what you're talking about.
That's how things go around here at times...

lol so you're saying you have (had) 3 D90's? LOL

I don't believe you. :confused:

1 primary, 1 backup and 1 for my girlfriend... how is that so hard to belive?
I sold my backup and got a D300s and sold my girlfriend's and got a D5000 because it was smaller/lighter for her. SHOCKING!

Oh... and I have a D50, a D80, and a Gold D60 that is in a box in the basement somewhere... OMG LIES!

I actually thought he had 4 at one time...

Including the one I purchased for my dad I did...:lol:

1 primary, 1 backup and 1 for my girlfriend... how is that so hard to belive?
I sold my backup and got a D300s and sold my girlfriend's and got a D5000 because it was smaller/lighter for her. SHOCKING!

Oh... and I have a D50, a D80, and a Gold D60 that is in a box in the basement somewhere... OMG LIES!

I actually thought he had 4 at one time...

Including the one I purchased for my dad I did...:lol:

shhhh people can't handle the truth:lol:

And also you're mean to babies, and you kick unicorns, and you club baby seals with other baby seals, and it's you fault that people around the world don't have food and medicine, and that Pentax doesn't sell more units.

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol: JK...

And also you're mean to babies, and you kick unicorns, and you club baby seals with other baby seals, and it's you fault that people around the world don't have food and medicine, and that Pentax doesn't sell more units.

The only true part of that is the kicking unicorns... :p

The only true part of that is the kicking unicorns... :p

Well look at them. They're just asking for it. Walking around like that, looking that way, thinking they better than us just because they don't even exist and still get more babes. I kick them too. Right in the jugular.

This has to be a new distance record for a thread going off-topic. :lol:

I don't know, man. I think kicking Unicorns has everything do with how waterproof a D90 is. One time my Pentax was at the bottom of the Marianna Trench for a week. So I found this Unicorn, and kicked it, and said, 'you can swim down there, go get my camera'. So it did. But one drop of water had gotten in, so I kicked it again, and said, 'Use you magic and fix my camera'. And it did. Problem solved, thanks to a Unicorn.

This has to be a new distance record for a thread going off-topic. :lol:

I don't know, man. I think kicking Unicorns has everything do with how waterproof a D90 is. One time my Pentax was at the bottom of the Marianna Trench for a week. So I found this Unicorn, and kicked it, and said, 'you can swim down there, go get my camera'. So it did. But one drop of water had gotten in, so I kicked it again, and said, 'Use you magic and fix my camera'. And it did. Problem solved, thanks to a Unicorn.

The unicorns around here are lazy you're lucky he even went in there for ya

picsorban.gif

Most reactions

Back