D300s no ISO display and adjustment?

If pressing one button is so easy, why don't we press a button to change aperture? Sometimes pressing one button is too much work. Ergonomics are important, otherwise I'd be shooting another brand of camera.

There are two dials in aperture priority. The back one should be configurable to change the ISO, like on the D90 (Show ISO/Easy ISO).

Do a RESET. You may have inadvertantly set something by mistake.

The none of the higher end cameras have it. It's not a feature from the D200 or anything higher. The simple point is give the photographer what they need. I would imagine most photographers need the lowest ISO in a given situation, and not a specific number making the act of displaying it constantly a large waste on some very tight real estate on these displays. Even then as people pointed out it's in the viewfinder.

Just a personal opinion though but I can see how this isn't a "missing feature"
:confused:

Perhaps we're not speaking of the same feature, but on both the D300 & D700 in the SHOOTING MENU (Green Camera Icon), the second menu choice is "Reset shooting menu" ...... Using the "?" it states "Restore default settings for the current "Shooting menu bank"." I always keep Shooting Bank A to default so I can always go back to factory settings.

Sorry kundalini I quoted the wrong post. I was talking about the ISO on the display. I have nothing to add on reset and use it all the time.

If pressing one button is so easy, why don't we press a button to change aperture? Sometimes pressing one button is too much work. Ergonomics are important, otherwise I'd be shooting another brand of camera.

There are two dials in aperture priority. The back one should be configurable to change the ISO, like on the D90 (Show ISO/Easy ISO).

Probably because changing the aperture is something people do maybe once every 2 photos, where as changing ISO once every 100.

I am mixed on the issue though. You're right there's a spare dial which could be put to better use. But on the other hand then you're stuck between having to press a dial again when shooting in manual mode since both wheels are used. The potential confusion from thumbing the back wheel, realising it doesn't work then going and hitting the button anyway seems like worse ergonomics than standardising that when I hit the button the wheel does this.

Frankly though I can think of better uses regardless. I'm sure many people would change white balance far more often than ISO during a single shoot, and may argue the same thing, that holding a button is too much work. But then WB needs both wheels :er:

^^ Cool :thumbsup:

I agree with you Garbz about the number of times one will adjust ISO vs WB. I keep the ISO as low as I can, however, I am more inclined now to set a certain WB and let it ride for shoot. My main two settings are Cloudy or Flash. It's just a matter of tweaking in LightRoom (which I will do anyway) for all the images within that shooting period.

Yeah I'm actually the same. I leave it set on daylight nearly always. I do know a few people who make very VERY liberal use of custom white balance and white balance cards. I don't mainly because I don't own greycards (yet), but I think the key here is that a manufacturer will never be able to please everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back