D3200 announcement - 24.2 MP

CNET mentions something in addition to the D3200 that I've been expecting:

Also announced was a new Wi-Fi module, the WU-1a, which allows photographers to connect with Android phones to share images on the go.

A new 28mm f/1.8 G-series FX wide-angle lens is supposed to be announced later today!!! It was shown on the Nikon Sweden web site in one of those now common accidentally-on-purpose leaks.

Wow--a 24.2 MP entry-level Nikon camera.

Also announced was a new Wi-Fi module, the WU-1a, which allows photographers to connect with Android phones to share images on the go.

Now you can post your photos directly to FB without even looking at them!

24MP on an APS-C sized sensor. Mmm.

2WheelPhoto said:

....very nice

Think I'll stick with my D7000 for now, thanks. Too much MP, too little useful features for me. That's a lot of pixels on a crop sensor, though. Makes me VERY interested in what the D7000's replacement is going to be sporting.

D400 announcement coming soon too
bigthumb.gif

It will make sales easy . Well this one has 12 mp but this one has 24mp. if you had done no research your going to grab the 24. sales win for Nikon lol.

Megapixel race starts again. I believe this is what Nikon react to the market when they were losing market share. Fancy looking camera with lot of megapixels.

Based on what we are seeing with the D800... it looks like they have many of the negative issues concnerning high MP fixed! So now more MP is a worthwhile feature! :)

people still complaining about pixels lol, that damn d3200 will handle noise better than the 3100 even with 24 mpix, why don't you people understand that ****.

Without having to do the math this early in the morning, does it have the same pixel density as the D800...give or take?

Most reactions

Back