katanapilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
katanapilot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys

For those of you that have had both these cameras, what can you tell me that one does better - or is better for than the other...

:)

Lemme use an analogy that we both get:

The D40 is a Honda Nighthawk 250, the D70 is a 1990's Ninja 500EX. . .ones clearly designed for beginners, the other is designed for someone with more "experience" under their belt, but if used properly can definitely be a good entry-level camera.

Lemme use an analogy that we both get:

The D40 is a Honda Nighthawk 250, the D70 is a 1990's Ninja 500EX. . .ones clearly designed for beginners, the other is designed for someone with more "experience" under their belt, but if used properly can definitely be a good entry-level camera.

HAHAHAHA
Man I just spit out my beer when I read the 1st sentence, well damn I thought I had the GSXR 1000 :) well If the manual was illustrated in motorcycle terms I would be an expert photographer!!!

thanks for the insight.

Ignore the D40. It has no autofocus motor. Oh that is unless you don't want to be able to use a whole host of cool lenses that exist on the second hand market, or even some just basic necessities like a 50mm f/1.8.

I'll just say the same thing I say in every other thread. Suppose you have a D70 which costs a few hundred dollars more than the D40 and you want to buy a macro lens. There's 2 105mm macros from Nikon. One has VR and an AF-S motor, and the other is just as good but without VR, and can be had second hand for less then half the price. You take the latter option, you have a better camera for less than it would cost to get the cheaper camera and an almost identical lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back