D50 average life

rallysman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a D50 that a friend is interested in buying. I wouldn't mind selling it but I don't want it to fail shortly after he buys it either. I hasn't been abused but has about 27000 actuations on the clock. Does it still have a decent amount of life left in it? What is to be expected of an older entry level camera like that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know much about Nikons, but I believe that class of camera has a shutter that lasts a good 100,000 shots. So from 27k to 100k he should be fine. If anyone knows specifically for that model they'll correct me.

edit: obviously after those 100k shutter click the shutter is replaced and the camera is ready for another 100k. I realized my previous post may have made it seem that the camera is 'dead' after 100k shutter clicks. other than the batteries needing replaced and the shutter being replaced the camera itself can last for decades, as you can still find functional cameras made decades ago. this is with no physical damage on the body.

Last edited:
anyone know how many shutter actions a d90 should get? Didn't want to waste making a new thread if one of you could answer. Thanks! :)

anyone know how many shutter actions a d90 should get? Didn't want to waste making a new thread if one of you could answer. Thanks! :)

100,000 actuations.

Of course, it could go after 50k or last till 150k. It's just an estimate.

Ralph

100,000 actuations.

Of course, it could go after 50k or last till 150k. It's just an estimate.

Ralph

Depends how well your treat it. Ive had my d90 for about 11 months and ive put 35,000 on it. I shot about 32,000 clicks on my d40x in a year but i beat the fvck out of it and it was dying. Everything just started slowing down.

Your D50 should last quite awhile longer. I used mine for a year and shot with it alot. Then I gave it to my cousin and he has been using it steady for two years now. But I wish I hadnt of got rid of it after all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back