D50 in black or chrome?

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to order a D50 within the next couple days and found a chrome version (black handgrip... chrome body) and I thought it was strictly cosmetic until I heard that it might reflect light. Does anyone know if this is an issue or not? It's a lot cheaper than the black body so it's looking pretty attractive... any advice?

http://www.preferredphoto.com/product.asp?id=nkd50kit

Just costemic, reflections won't be an issue. Cameras were black and silver for a long time before the all black ones became popular with consumers.

I'd never seen a silver (not chrome) D50 before. Not sure if I like it or not.

Decades ago most SLR's were silver because chrome was all the rage. A few pros opted for black bodies because the idea was it camouflaged better to blend into the world.

Tat is where the black=pro idea came from and then everybody wanted the black bodied SLR.

LWW

the colour doesn't matter for me... but I own black canon

Haha... thanks for the input. I'm going to go with the black as well.

Don't worry about color. I mean look at Canon cameras. Black bodies and then the white lenses.. Only disadvantage I could see with chrome is that it could reflect light which won't effect the shot but could stand out in public if you catch the sun or an animal might see it. (but not a biggy since angle would have to be just so etc..)

rmh159 said:
I'm going to order a D50 within the next couple days and found a chrome version (black handgrip... chrome body) and I thought it was strictly cosmetic until I heard that it might reflect light.

I heard that all pros are switching to silver DSLRs because they don't absorb as much light/heat as black models. The higher the temp, the more noise.

;) Actually, I just made that up, but I think we should all start spreading that rumor, as it's almost as silly as "pro cameras are black".

ksmattfish said:
I heard that all pros are switching to silver DSLRs because they don't absorb as much light/heat as black models. The higher the temp, the more noise.

;) Actually, I just made that up, but I think we should all start spreading that rumor, as it's almost as silly as "pro cameras are black".

:biglaugh: Why do I feel like we could get in trouble again here Matt? I do have the disposable ready for my "Professional" sticker whenever you're ready to send it... :biggrin:

I wish they went really old school and made a Canon 5D in brown, with a brown leather case. Sweet!

Most reactions

Back