D500 Off camera flash trigger

RonnieB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently purchased a new Nikon D500 and already had the Nikon sb-700 speed light. I would like to start using off camera flash and was wanting some suggestions on options for a trigger. Do I need a transmitter and receiver or will it work with just the transmitter, not sure.
would appreciate some advice.
regards
Ron

There are a lot of good quality transmitters and receivers out there, but I'm partial to Godox. I'm using a X Pro N transmitter and X1N receivers. They work well with my D850, D500, and D800. You mount the transmitter in the camera hot shoe and the flash mounts on the receiver. Some flashes will trigger on a master flash. So, you mount a flash on your camera and have the slave flash units trigger on seeing the flash from your camera, but I prefer using a transmitter / receivers setup to locate multiple flashes out of the line of site of the flash on the camera. I haven't tried them with the Z9 yet.

There are a lot of good quality transmitters and receivers out there, but I'm partial to Godox. I'm using a X Pro N transmitter and X1N receivers. They work well with my D850, D500, and D800. You mount the transmitter in the camera hot shoe and the flash mounts on the receiver. Some flashes will trigger on a master flash. So, you mount a flash on your camera and have the slave flash units trigger on seeing the flash from your camera, but I prefer using a transmitter / receivers setup to locate multiple flashes out of the line of site of the flash on the camera. I haven't tried them with the Z9 yet.
appreciate the reply, I am looking at the Godox line as well. Just wanted some reassurance before I made the purchase.
I am very new to photography so want to make sure I get the right equipment.
thank you
Ron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back