aommaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aommaster.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there!

Quick question: Is there a way of changing what settings appear on the main screen of a D5300? I'm talking about the display which shows your current Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. There are a few blocks at the bottom that allow you to change various settings. Can I choose what settings I want to be displayed there?

For example, I always shoot in RAW so I have no need for the "Image Quality Setting" on the top left. Could I change that to something like Burst Mode?

If so, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks!

I've already looked through the manual (otherwise I wouldn't be posting here).

For what I've understood, I can change the information display format only. I'd like to customize what settings actually appear on there. Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't appear to be in the manual. Is it safe to assume that it's not possible?

I would have figured anyone that read the OP would read this:
There are a few blocks at the bottom that allow you to change various settings. Can I choose what settings I want to be displayed there?

And anyone who actually did read the manual would know it wasn't in there.

When I got back into Digital and a D7000 I bought a book "Mastering the NIkon D7000" by Darrel Young.

I found this book invaluable to learning everything about the camera and how to use all the features. Then, the manual made sense after I got through that book. Now the manual is a reference to what I understand instead of just being initially non-sensical/confusing,

There's a "Mastering the Nikon d3000" by Darrel Young too, I assume there's a d3300 version that you may want to look in to.

Hi!

Noted! Thank you very much! Is there an equivalent for the D5300 as well? I did a quick look on Amazon and found that there was a D5000 version of this book. As I'm using a D5300, would this book be of use to me, or has the model changed a lot since the D5000?

Thanks for your reply!

It looks like the d5000 did change a lot to the d5300.
I'm sure there's other books like that one out there to help specifically with the d5300.
but the "Mastering" one really helped me understand all the features and functions of the camera back when I first got my d7000.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back