D60 wierles flash question.

[Dillz]

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanwhite.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From what I can tell...yes, I think it should work.

You should not have to buy anything. Just set the sb-600 to wireless mode and fire away.

You should not have to buy anything. Just set the sb-600 to wireless mode and fire away.

The D60 does not have flash commander mode so he will need something. I just ordered a RF-602 wireless radio transmitter set for my D40 in order to use my flashes wirelessly.

I ordered it from this site but expect to wait 2 - 3 weeks if you decided to do that, they ship from China and it takes a while.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28509 (It says for D90/D5000 but that is just for the shutter release it will work with your flash)

What you posted should work but its more expensive, not sure how they compare to each other though.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Guys will this Nikon | SB-600 AF Speedlight i-TTL Shoe Mount Flash | 4802

work with

this? Pocketwizard | Plus II Auto Sensing Smart Transceiver - Radio Slave Combination Transmitter and Receiver | 801125

Yes, but you would need two of them. One on the camera and one at the flash.

Also, there is a big difference between the first device you linked to, and the PW Plus II. The Nikon device will allow you to control the remote flash and it gives you TTL (automatic flash metering)...so the flash will set the proper power level to match the camera's settings.

With something like the Plus II (or the other triggers that people have mentioned) they only tell the flash when to fire, not how much power to use. So with these devices, you would have to put the flash (and likely the camera) into manual mode and figure out the exposure yourself. It's not all that hard, but it can be confusing at first.

wait what if I just get a su 88 and sb 600? will it work with my d60?

Or get this kit off of eBay ( 2 receivers but speedlights not included): ISHOOT PT-04 C Wireless Flash Trigger PT04—2 Receivers - eBay (item 270395680462 end time Feb-16-10 20:17:10 PST)

and 2 of these speedlights: Vivitar | 285HV Auto Flash | 233965 | B&H Photo Video for less than the one SB-600 and the SU-4.

Add this kit: Impact | Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit | B&H Photo Video and your ready to do some serious OCF.

Is that umbrella kit any good? I just got two speed lights and am looking to get some stands/umbrellas. Would that be a good set to get or would I be better off building my own?

Just FYI Nikon DSLR's use I-TTL not TTL. A TTL flash can ONLY be used in Manual mode and will not "AUTO" flash. You will have to set all the settings.

The SB-600 doesn't have a built in IR sensor?? WOW I did not know this. I thought it did.

Last edited:
Or get this kit off of eBay ( 2 receivers but speedlights not included): ISHOOT PT-04 C Wireless Flash Trigger PT04—2 Receivers - eBay (item 270395680462 end time Feb-16-10 20:17:10 PST)

and 2 of these speedlights: Vivitar | 285HV Auto Flash | 233965 | B&H Photo Video for less than the one SB-600 and the SU-4.

Add this kit: Impact | Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit | B&H Photo Video and your ready to do some serious OCF.

Is that umbrella kit any good? I just got two speed lights and am looking to get some stands/umbrellas. Would that be a good set to get or would I be better off building my own?
It's a good kit to start with but if you want the good stuff: Matthews | Century C Stand - 8' (2.4m) | 339561 | B&H Photo Video you'll spend a bit more money.

Most reactions

Back