D610 to be announced in the next 48 hours from Nikon ( oil issue fixed!)

It's gonna be October 8 in EUROPE very,very soon!!!! I expect the new camera to be announced tonight, sometime shortly before midnight West Coast time...

By the way, the D600 has already been eliminated from the Nikon MAP or Minimum Advertised Price list, so dealers are now free to openly advertise (no requirement for customers to "Add to Cart for Better Price", or to "Call For Best Price",etc.,etc.) the D600 at any price they wish, so it's pretty obvious...what I heard at ProPhoto Supply on Sept 27 is true: "The D600 is discontinued."

It's gonna be October 8 in EUROPE very,very soon!!!! I expect the new camera to be announced tonight, sometime shortly before midnight West Coast time...

By the way, the D600 has already been eliminated from the Nikon MAP or Minimum Advertised Price list, so dealers are now free to openly advertise (no requirement for customers to "Add to Cart for Better Price", or to "Call For Best Price",etc.,etc.) the D600 at any price they wish, so it's pretty obvious...what I heard at ProPhoto Supply on Sept 27 is true: "The D600 is discontinued."

The D600 was doomed the day the first oil spot was reported, just as Windows 98 was when the first bug was reported. It will be reincarnated with a brand new logo and a few firmware tweaks as the D610, just like Windows 98 was reincarnated as Windows ME. The buyers will soon forget the problems with the "Old" version since this is a "Brand New" version, uh I mean "Model".

^^^^^^^^YES, an excellent analogy!

Interesting, if it would receive the 51 point AF I would probably step up to FF.

Looks like Nikon USA is behind the other website, where they already mention the D610.

I guess the new shutter allowing 6 FPS is their sneaky way to mention a different shutter without even hinting at a dust/oil issue with the older shutter.

Well it's not yet midnight here....

Was really hoping for more, but I have yet to see the real numbers on the body. If life turns it's leaf in my favor this will be my next purchase... If the only improvement so to speak is to the FPS. I will be all OVER the D600. Hurry and end my shift so I can go home and read!

Last edited:
From my weekly (or so) Calumet mailer:

Nikon's latest HD-SLR offering, the new D610, provides enhanced image quality, faster continuous shooting and quieter operation. We are now accepting pre-orders on this exciting new compact, full-frame camera.
The D610 provides several upgrades over the D600 and the following features:
» 6 frames-per-second continuous shooting
» Quiet Continuous (QC) operation
» Enhanced image quality with improved skin tones
» 24.3MP FX-format CMOS sensor
» EXPEED 3 processing system
» ISO range from 100 to 6400 (expandable up to 25,600)
» 39-Point AF system with Scene Recognition
» HD video with 1920 x 1080 30p/25p/24p
» 3.2" LCD screen

Preorders are for $1,999.95 for body only, $2,599.95 w/ AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR.
Nikonusa also lists kits with 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR ($3,049.95) as well as a two-lens kit w/ the 24-85 and the AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED ($3,249.95)

Last edited:
Damn, I bought my D7100 only few months ago, if I was in the market right now for a new camera I would be all over it, now that the oil/dust problems is gone this truly is the BEST camera in the market for the hobbiest..................Hmmmmmm I can only dream :heart:

I wonder if a discounted "wrong shutter" D600 will be deemed a real bargain now... there will be some great deals on ebay for sure ;)

Interesting, if it would receive the 51 point AF I would probably step up to FF.

I really do not understand how a decision of switching to FF can possibly depend on an autofocus of a particular camera ...

I really do not understand how a decision of switching to FF can possibly depend on an autofocus of a particular camera ...
It does for me.. I'm not a fan of how the D600's focus points are all packed in the center.. they need to be spread out more.
2dhdvk5.png

It all depends on how/what you shoot.

It's still only 1/4000th max shutter speed though.

This was a bit shocking to me.... 1/4000..... why?

Because I'm already in a D7100, and would hate to step down to the tightly packed 39 point AF system just for FF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back