D7000 Err message..anyone else?

Lunchbox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been using a d7000 for the last few days and i noticed it getting an error message once in a while. Turn the camera off and back on and it works fine but i got online and saw that this is a widespread issue.

Just wondering if anyone on here has experienced it. It doesn't really bother me too much but it is a little annoying consider the camera has about 100 actuations and has popped up error about 3 times.

We will see when i take it out to the dragstrip for a day of shooting if it gets to stay or go back to nikon.

did you insure it has the latest firmware? mine hasn't behaved that way yet.

firmware 1.02

i just looked, thats whats in mine. I dunno what to say, I may be inclined to call Nikon before hassling with taking it back and such. mine hasn't done it yet and I've turned it on many a times now.

btw i definately meant to put this in the digital discussion area not film...

(been a long day!) lol

i just looked, thats whats in mine. I dunno what to say, I may be inclined to call Nikon before hassling with taking it back and such. mine hasn't done it yet and I've turned it on many a times now.

I should clarify it sounds like in my original post the it shows error when i first turn it on, its doing it when i shoot, then i turn it off and back on and it seems to work ok until it happens again, i never get an error message with my old D200

Err- camera malfunction (release shuttter)

Did you load it with film ? digitals don't work with film just wondered because we are in the film forum

I have gotten the Err message before and my aperature ring wasnt in the correct position on the lens.

yeah i have done that on my old camera. this was doing it with the new nikon 35mm 1.8 and even my old kit 18-70 nikon

There can't be anything wrong because everyone on here thinks Nikon are perfect

I honestly have never had a problem with any nikon body until now. And i realize Nikon packed a lot of new features and tech in this small camera body and thats one reason i am not too upset because usually i wait for a while for them to work the bugs out but with my past luck with Nikon i guess i took it for granted.

If you dont have your lens on largest aperture you get a FEE message and nothing works until you adjust your aperture. The Err message is something again. Ive never seen it happen with my D7000. There are only 3 sources for problems, software, hardware and meatware. Im betting its meatware.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back