D70s

twgreen3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a D70 and with the new D70s I don't know if I should wait. Are there any opinions on which is better? I was just curious, I know they are about the same but am not sure of all the differanced. Thanks for your help.

Ah ha! All I see different is a marginally bigger screen, a new remote control supported, and a different battery, plus a 200 dollar dip in price.

What the hell is the point? I guess the "s" makes the consumer "special!" for buying the newest (albeit the same) camera. Did I mention they even have the same weights and dimensions? Perhaps DPreview is wrong, but I haven't known them to be.

At least it's cheaper.

it has AF function improved, and there is no such a problem with vignietting. It was sometimes seen in d70 especially with very short exposure times 1/8000 sec (or semoething like that) I think that d70s is a better choice :) and I think it is worth waiting.

mentos_007 said:
there is no such a problem with vignietting. It was sometimes seen in d70 especially with very short exposure times 1/8000 sec (or semoething like that.

Now I'm confused. I thought vignietting was a lens issue not a camera one. How does the camera affect Vignietting?

Also, the D70 will get a firmware upgrade next month to give it the same improved AF performance as the D70s :)

the sensor was not as fast as a apperture in the lens :) as far as I heard... and I caused some problems. I didn't hear about firmware upgrade :) so now I don't know :p I'll definitely wait because I don't have enough cash now even for d70 :D

Odd. I've never heard that. I did hear something about slight colour shifting at 1/8000 of a second, but supposedly it wasn't that noticeable unless you were really looking for it.

Can't say I've ever shot at 1/8000 so I certainly haven't noticed it :)

Most reactions

Back