D7200 Sensor cleaning

Blind Bruce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know the reason for cleaning the sensors but I would like to know how the camera does this. Is it adviseable to have the camera do its thing at regular intervals?

The camera does nothing but shake the sensor. If something is really stuck to it, it's not coming off.

It vibrates at ultrasonic speeds to loosen dust particles. You can take a dust reference photo and clean and verify if it succeeded or if you need to lock up the mirror and hand clean it.

I had to clean my D7200 shortly after buying it New.There was some dust top left corner and some what looked like a few oil splats that took the rocket blower and a wet clean to get it. I leave that feature set to on In camera but do expect at some point to manually clean the sensor your self or by a shop.

I set my Nikon's up that have the sensor clean function to clean (shake) the sensor each time I turn the camera on and off.
So yes, as regular an interval as can be chosen.

I've often wondered what happens to the dust that shakes off the sensor. If indeed it actually does shake off.

I've often wondered what happens to the dust that shakes off the sensor. If indeed it actually does shake off.
I wonder that. Though something happens to it. My Canon 350D did not have the sensor shake option and I frequently had to clean the sensor (only by using a blower) but my Canon 650D has yet to need cleaning after over two years.

Gravity happens.

Most reactions

Back