delizo23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
her first time modeling. CC please

4664929197_b209b6b26d_b.jpg

4665464016_aa7c407b32_b.jpg

I think the light looks great. I like both but if you want someone to tell you something that might be wrong. I would say in shot 1 I dont like the composition. 1 shoulder showing and the other cut off looks a little odd.

In shot 2 it looks like she has a elbow growing out of her head.

I think the light looks great. I like both but if you want someone to tell you something that might be wrong. I would say in shot 1 I dont like the composition. 1 shoulder showing and the other cut off looks a little odd.

In shot 2 it looks like she has a elbow growing out of her head.

those are my two things i dont like either. thanks. i wish i could catch these things during the shoot. i could crop the first pic tho..

Hi,

I know it's slightly outside of your control but I would suggest you ask models not to wear as much makeup, her skin in these images looks very false, I can actually see the thickness of the makeup on her. In addition, it's causing reflections from the flash, this is giving her skin the appearance of being greasy as well as giving some burnt out highlights in both images.

I generally don't let my models wear jewellery during a shoot unless it's for the particular pose, in these images I'd have asked her to remove the necklace, it doesn't add to the photograph and for modelling images everything has to have a purpose, without exception, otherwise there is a risk the images will look too much like snapshots.

On the first image:

I think the pose is very strong but I'd crop the left side so that the frame cuts through her hair, i.e. remove her shoulder entirely and crop the top so that the frame also cuts through her hair, about 1/3 of the way up through her hair would seem appropriate. The resulting position of her face in the upper area of the image would add real impact for a glamour style portrait.

The high position of the lamp has left a shadow under her hair to her right side, and has left some unflattering indentations in her skin on her left side, particularly around the mouth. In this case I'd have used a reflector to light up the left had side of her face without loosing the dramatic lighting. In my experience single lamp lighting only really works where the model has exceptionally smooth skin, or on guys where lines etc generally add character.

On the second image:

Again the makeup is causing shine to appear on her skin and if anything in this image her skin looks even more unnatural, almost mask like. What's noticeable here is that the position of the lamp has increased the definition under her eyes, particularly under her left eye where it looks like a thick mark on her skin. Again, the single lamp has lit up any tiny imperfections she has, in this image her left arm looks hairy as each single hair is being lit up.

Steve

C&C per req:

1. Crop is far too tight; while cropping limbs is acceptable when necessary, it needs to be done boldly and never at/near a joint, and NEVER along a lateral axis. The lighting isn't too bad; teh specular highlights on her forearms and cheeks are just a little hotter than I think is ideal, and a hairlight would have helped a lot here.

2. Pretty much the same for #1, with the addition that this pose does not work. If you're going to do the 'sexy glam arm behind the head' thing,make sure we can see the arm; the little bit of disjointed elbow visible here seems very jarring. Also watch the details; the safety-pin holding the strap in place? NOT ideal.

Overall, they're not a bad start at all. I would suggest either moving the light closer or adding more diffusion, and bring in a hairlight to add some separation from the background. Lastly, find a better background; that one is very busy and really draws the eye away from the subject.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

New Topics

Back