Dancing, Portraits, and Rape. C&C Please!

JackRabbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.) The most boring of the three. Cut off elbows. I liked the color and the faces so I put it up anyways.

Strobist Info:
Vivitar 283 high camera left set somewhere around 1/2 power

4262054702_a0926cf52c_b.jpg

2.) So Lauren decided that she was gonna call over this random employee of the building we are shooting in front of and asks him if he wants to join our little shoot. And the guy turned out to be pretty chill. Anyways, here is one of the better shots of the night (all were shot around 11PM so lighting was a huge challenge).

Anyways, I'm not sure how I feel about the shadows in this shot. Do they give it a dramatic feel or do they just take away from the picture? You decide.

Strobist Info:
Vivitar 283 high camera left set somewhere around 1/2 power

4261300667_878129a589_b.jpg

3.)
4261300359_4211f18aec_b.jpg

Keep in mind, this is the first "real" strobist photo shoot I have ever done. I have only ever used multiple flashes one other time and that time, I had no control over the power output of either flash (which I have now).

Also, visit my Flickr and add me as a contact as I am always looking for inspiration and advice

Flickr: jackstrutz's Photostream

Of course, be sure to click the little yellow bar above the picture to see the full sized image because the forum does a horrible job resizing them.

I quite like number 2.

#1: elbows cut off (like you said) and thy look just a little too posed for me. Like on FB where the young girls are trying to look 'sexy'. The girl on the right-her eyes look like they have dark circles around them.

#3. is okay, but their feet are cut off and he looks bored not intense.

#2. the pose and the lighting are cool. I wonder if it would look even better B&W?

anyway, those are my 2 cents and likley not worth any more ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back