Darker Nature - C&C Please. Gone a bit further this time.

PureRumble

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have tried my best making my HDR-images good in terms of contrast, sharpness, etc.. I've had some constructive critics, making me to understand that I'm not getting things right just yet.

That being said, I hope people don't get mad at me for trying to do this one more time. Here you se Before&After pictures of "Darker Nature". The before-pic is what the HDR-program gave as output. I know it greatly lacks contrast. But this program is very eeehm, interesting... it works by the wysiNwyg-philosophy (with bigh emphasis on the N). Also... trying to fix the contrast with slides that never were meant for contrast-adjustment is not a good idea. And the few slides that made some improvement on contrast gave me these big black underexposed areas.

This is why I've tried to fix all these things with Lightroom. I've tried to fix the contrast with the contrast&brightness-slides. I've also plaid around a bit with the tone-curve. I like to give (what I feel is) the most important part of a picture a little more attention by lifting up its colors. Here I chose the water and the green stuff (leaves, grass, etc.). The white spot were the water falls seems to be overexposed but it isn't. It might be close but it isn't overexposed.

Well I hope you like the result or that you will yell at me if you don't.

BEFORE:

darkernatureafterdi2.jpg

AFTER:

darkernaturebeforexg4.jpg

Nice touch up. Gives it a surreal feel; sort of like a fantasy place.
Very cool IMHO.

Very good job I'd say.
#2s the best IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back