Darkroom Book?

wardcbm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering whether anyone might be able to recommend a book that would serve as a good introduction to the darkroom... My sister has a simple Jessops darkroom set up at home which I have access to, but I am really a beginner in this area!

Thanks,
Charlie

I've never read a single one. I took a beginner's darkroom course and just continue to practice, and I still consider myself a beginner! :lol: I will betcha Ksmattfish will be along to recommend the Ansel Adams trilogy: The Camera, The Negative, and The Print. He swears by them! He can tell you more. :)

Take a look around eBay in the photography books sections (there's three floating about I think) and do a search for "enlarging". You normally see some books on the cheap. I got three for around £3 I think. They were cheap so I grabed them...

I do like Ansel's books, but the first books I'd recommend are Henry Horenstein's Black and White Photography, and Beyond Basic Photography.

The best book to have in the darkroom is the Kodak Black & White Data Book!

Really helps when deciding which chemicles, and papers to use. Also has charts of temps and times for each step of the process.

Most reactions

Back