Daughter's 1st B-Day invitation pics C&C

ryan@CapCity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just can't figure out what I did wrong but the pics just don't look right. Please tell me what I did wrong, or right! Thanks!
CharInv-1.jpg

The 2nd picture looks really awsome! But her face is really filled in with shadows. That's the only think I don't like about any of the pictures.

I agree #2 is the best shot. You got a little more light in this shot because you changed the angle.

#1 & #3 are more underexposed because there is only backlighting from the sun. Firing your flash for fill light should help. I like the composition better in these two, with the birthday girl off to the side, but I think you should use the 2nd for your invitations. Or, you can always reshoot.

Good luck!

Baby is not properly exposed is the problem. You may want to pick up a polarizer and expose properly for the baby.

I really like number one! Number two was taken from too far down. I hope you don't mind, I tried to fix the exposure on her for you in PS:

4462446614_03a5c2cea3.jpg

the problem is there is light everywhere except on the princess :love:
The grass' contrast also really throws it off, and so do the ducks in the background...these really compete with her.

I really for some reason prefer the 3rd image, but the fact that the whole 'birthday girl' cannot be read on her shirt...bugs me.
So I'd say, the first one is the closest to what you'd want with some editing.
Or perhaps just reshoot if you have the time.
<3 hope she has a great bday <3

I really like number one! Number two was taken from too far down. I hope you don't mind, I tried to fix the exposure on her for you in PS:

Looks good! What did you use to achieve the better lighting in her face?

I'm still getting the hang of all this lighting and PP and composition stuff, so your guys' input is very helpful and appreciated!

I used the quick selection tool and selected that half of her....then refined the edge to feather it so there wasn't a line where the lighting was changed...then open the lighting levels and adjust them to your liking! I use PS Elements most of the time. It does everything I need it to....

I like the shots but it seems it's all pushing green a bit too much? Even in the edit (which was quite good)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back