Dave the armourer

Go back and take a darn Leica loaden with HP5 with you. If this guy is as good as you are saying, he deserves something more than just digital snap shot. In colour it doesn't look good at all, you should rather emulate Eugen Smith style.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/41/117871014_8e8e65d28f.jpg
:D:D:D

Which lens 50 mm, 40 mm , 35mm or 28mm
Honestly ? 100 and up would be better. How fast is your 50 ? Maybe HP5 would be on overkill, maybe with fast 50 FP4 would be sufficient ? Or just pull HP5 to ISO 160 - 200. Or maybe Silvermax for that good, magic look ?

you don't get 100mm for Leica all i have is 28, 35, 50 but mostly use 28 and 50, if i shoot him on film it would have to be iso 1600, if i could shoot at 100 iso it woukld be Orwo un54 (100 iso) the best 100 film i have used

ORWO UN54 sounds great. Do you have off camera flash capabilities ?

ORWO UN54 sounds great. Do you have off camera flash capabilities ?

You are joking ? 5 studio lights but not bothered with them since i gave up digital until the A7
A lighting class i set up at our camera club

EmptyName%201-XL.jpg

You should post it in general gallery. Looks extremely fresh. :D
So, you know better, than me, how to organize the plan for a dramatic shot of a man in his element.

You should post it in general gallery. Looks extremely fresh. :D
So, you know better, than me, how to organize the plan for a dramatic shot of a man in his element.

I'm all avaliable light now , here's one i shot 6 years ago

i-hrh5L5r-L.jpg

looking over his trainee, keeping the old skills alive
i-6C6F73b-L.jpg

I'm deeply fascinated by the fact that this man is an armorer. That said, I agree, little tough to tell... he's wearing a sweatshirt, not a leather apron (not that I have any idea what an armorer wears, but a leather apron makes more sense to me than a hoodie.) :) And the b/w shot makes it harder to see his surroundings (though I like the b/w shot better). Even with his surroundings, I can't really tell where he is. some kind of workshop, obviously, but...

Still. Nice shot of the guy.

I'm deeply fascinated by the fact that this man is an armorer. That said, I agree, little tough to tell... he's wearing a sweatshirt, not a leather apron (not that I have any idea what an armorer wears, but a leather apron makes more sense to me than a hoodie.) :) And the b/w shot makes it harder to see his surroundings (though I like the b/w shot better). Even with his surroundings, I can't really tell where he is. some kind of workshop, obviously, but...

Still. Nice shot of the guy.

Cheers, this is the sort of skill he has
i-hQSXwqf-XL.jpg

i-PjKzB3s-XL.jpg

Attachments

• $i-PjKzB3s-XL.jpg
    $i-PjKzB3s-XL.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 57

Most reactions

Back