day after blizzard c&c welcome

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4339025931_8e7a4c6842_b.jpg

4339026045_e6e476b0b1_b.jpg

I dont know to much about photography, so i cant give any tips or advise.
But i really like the first photo. Good job! :thumbup:

I dont know to much about photography, so i cant give any tips or advise.
But i really like the first photo. Good job! :thumbup:

Thank you :lmao:

i thought they were decent shots. :(

well what can I say it a picture, it does not grabe me or make me think. the second one is blury. I think if the sun was just toping the trees to highlight the area it would of been better. not saying it bad it just not for me.

technically, they look pretty spot on. Nonetheless, they don't grab my attention. I think both shots are missing an interesting subject.

I dont think the images match your title. With what has been going on in the news about the huge snowfalls, I would expect to see more...snow.

There is a lack of any actual subject in the images. I like the leading line in the first, but there isn't much else going on. Trees aren't remarkable, not much sky,... its just a street.

I don't like the DOF you chose in the second image, not with the actual angle of shooting. The line you created in the image actually draws my eye to back / top part of the frame, which is out of focus due to DOF. My eye then has to hunt around to find the focus and then its pretty much let down as there is much interesting there.

Exposures and such are nice though. Too many photos posted where the snow looks grey. Nice job there.

I dont think the images match your title. With what has been going on in the news about the huge snowfalls, I would expect to see more...snow.

There is a lack of any actual subject in the images. I like the leading line in the first, but there isn't much else going on. Trees aren't remarkable, not much sky,... its just a street.

I don't like the DOF you chose in the second image, not with the actual angle of shooting. The line you created in the image actually draws my eye to back / top part of the frame, which is out of focus due to DOF. My eye then has to hunt around to find the focus and then its pretty much let down as there is much interesting there.

Exposures and such are nice though. Too many photos posted where the snow looks grey. Nice job there.

I was going to say almost exactly the same thing, bang on there, i can't really add much to it!

Thank you all. I used to drve down this road all the time on the way to work and when it snowed i thought it would be perfect to finally take the shot. I didnt think about there actually being a subject, but the subject itself being the road. The second one is a huge crop ... i liked the angle of view. The focus is messed up because in the original the focus was spot on!

I was just pointing out to a friend that this spot would be great for a "night shot" of a car. Possibly as the sun is going down. That or sunrise would have a cool effect.

When autumn comes around and it has more color im shure a good poortrait could be taken here.

Limitless ideas ....

I never go out and shoot and as i study composure i thought this had "s curve apeal" .... but as you guys pointed out, its missing a subject. lol

Very faintly down the street there is a car. If you look close! possible subject? jk :p

Ok...building on what you are saying...

Its fine to have the subject being the road itself, but the challenge is trying to find a way to actually showcase the road. In the first image, there are a heck of alot of trees, which for me, help make the leading line but are a bit too prominent in the image, thus taking more importance over the road. I find it harder myself to make a scene a subject without much foreground or other interest. You really have to have a compelling shot. Even just having a street sign in there could help greatly.

Can you get to a higher vantage point somewhere to show more of the sky on a nice day with clouds? Or maybe try aiming your camera down a little bit, or even get lower to the ground yourself and try and get that yellow line as a prominent feature (tacky, but can still work)

Have you tried playing with black and white? I often find that when you remove colour, the eye has an easier time of focusing on lines and shapes.

I prefer the first of the two, the angle is more appealing than in the 2nd and in the 2nd it appears you lost focus, its blurry to me?

Ok...building on what you are saying...

Its fine to have the subject being the road itself, but the challenge is trying to find a way to actually showcase the road. In the first image, there are a heck of alot of trees, which for me, help make the leading line but are a bit too prominent in the image, thus taking more importance over the road. I find it harder myself to make a scene a subject without much foreground or other interest. You really have to have a compelling shot. Even just having a street sign in there could help greatly.

Can you get to a higher vantage point somewhere to show more of the sky on a nice day with clouds? Or maybe try aiming your camera down a little bit, or even get lower to the ground yourself and try and get that yellow line as a prominent feature (tacky, but can still work)

Have you tried playing with black and white? I often find that when you remove colour, the eye has an easier time of focusing on lines and shapes.

I actually wanted to shoot at a differant angle but i was bound by snow! i was in my dress cloths and walking in 2 feet of snow with dress shoes b4 work isnt worth a quick snapshot haha

I prefer the first of the two, the angle is more appealing than in the 2nd and in the 2nd it appears you lost focus, its blurry to me?

As i noted earlier it is a 75% crop from a photo that hade perfectly fine focus but the crop made the focus less apealing. I personally like it. I just wanted to see how others like it. Thank you for your input :)

Most reactions

Back