Dead Things

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lots of dead things in my week...check em out. All the subjects were photographed as they were found.

Attachments

• $image-1467133737.jpg
    $image-1467133737.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 80
  • $image-136187803.jpg
    $image-136187803.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 90
You in deep poopoo when Zombie Apocalypse comes! lol!

Interesting shots! #2 is actually cool! (although I wish you had left a hair more room on bottom and top.)

cgipson1 said:
You in deep poopoo when Zombie Apocalypse comes! lol!

Interesting shots! #2 is actually cool! (although I wish you had left a hair more room on bottom and top.)

Hey thanks!

I'm really not into dead things, but theyr composed and exposed nicely. Picture #2 is a fish. I got that. But what is picture #4 of?

I'm really not into dead things, but theyr composed and exposed nicely. Picture #2 is a fish. I got that. But what is picture #4 of?

Fish lower jaw... buried in the sand.

Joel_W said:

Yep...discarded fish jaw at Redwood Creek in Northern CA....steelhead I believe?

Last edited:

You live in Colorado, how do you know all this fish stuff?

I used to live in Texas, and Florida! Every place has fish (even Colorado). I also used to be a somewhat serious amateur Ichthyologist... with an emphasis on Chondrichthyes, subbranch Elasmobranchii! ;) This would have been my chosen career field, except there are few jobs, and very little money in it.

I used to live in Texas, and Florida! Every place has fish (even Colorado). I also used to be a somewhat serious amateur Ichthyologist... with an emphasis on Chondrichthyes, subbranch Elasmobranchii! ;) This would have been my chosen career field, except there are few jobs, and very little money in it.

Charlie, you're one amazing guy. I can't even pronounce those names, let alone know exactly what they are, and you considered a career studying them as a Ichthyologist (which I've never heard of).

Charlie, you're one amazing guy. I can't even pronounce those names, let alone know exactly what they are, and you considered a career studying them as a Ichthyologist (which I've never heard of).

We all have things we love! I know you have a lot of knowledge I don't have.. just in different areas! This is true of almost everyone! I have just been very lucky in that I have been able to pursue many of the things that have interested me over the years.

Joel_W said:

Yep...discarded fish jaw at Redwood Creek in Northern CA....steelhead I believe?

Not that familiar with the fish in that area... but probably. Good of you to notice these and shoot them (the birds a loss.. but the others are kind of cool!). Most people would have just walked on by! :)

Most reactions

Back