Debut

OBrien

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone - I've just discovered your site and look forward to contributing. I have recently moved from film to digital photography, and am just coming to grips with the new technology. I’ve started cautiously with a Konica Minolta Z3 rather than an SLR. So far haven’t even opened an editing package, though will be using Photoshop Elements 3 from this weekend. I’ve taken a few pictures and inspired by Craig, here’s one of my views from a bridge taken during a winter sunset last week. Let me know what you (really) think. Thanks.

342%3C%3B7%3A723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2323%3D86%3A%3D4%3A%3B%3D323286%3A3%3B%3A733nu0mrj

I really and immediately think: Oh, this is lovely!
There are many fans of "moving waters" here (long shutter openings), but I tend to be a "static water fan" and like the texture of the water - which comes out extra nice in the b+w variety! Is there a colour original? Was it nice, too (you say: evening light)? Could have had some nice colours.
What made you decide in favour of b+w for this one?

Oh, and welcome to the board!
You'll enjoy yourself here! I'm sure!!!

Thank you! I thought it might be a bit clichéd, but there is something about the water that I like. I took it in B&W, as it was one of those pale Irish wintery sunsets that drains all the colour from the landscape anyway. When I come to grips with converting colour to B&W, I'll probably shoot in colour more often. I just tend to like B&W more than colour generally....

Oh, I see.
And how could I have overlooked the "Dublin, Ireland" before? That's where you are. So you're going to show us many more pictures of your beautiful island? I was there in summer, but way up in Donegal (on Inishowen Peninsular). Lovely. Have been to Dublin, too, but that was in 1977. I doubt you were born at the time?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back