December Moon...

Orgnoi1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.northeastfoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Saw that it was full tonight so headed out in the front yard with the telescope "ahem" I mean the 1D Mark II, 500L, and 2x TCII

ISO100, 1/125sec, f/11
2006_12_05-R01.jpg

Thats a beautiful moon photo. I personally love taking photos of the moon!!!!

Wow, I wish I had a telephoto. I would have made it slightly brighter? Or maybe that's the effect you were looking for. Very beautiful.

when you go brighter you start losing details... out of the twenty or so shots... this is the one I liked the most...

I tried to do that last night :grumpy: I failed. My images turned out way to bright. Whats the secret to getting the detail? I see your settings but they're not much different then what I tried. Do you need a real long telephoto or will my 300mm do?

honestly 300mm will do ok... but you will not be able to pull up the detail that 1000mm does... even at 500mm (I tried both 500s I have..the Bigma and the 500L) the image looks "too far off" and when you crop it in you loose significantly...

so basically instead... if you cant get the intricate detail of the surface I would do something artsy like plan a nice ground level background that you can get with the 300mm (trees around the moon or such)...

Orgnoi1 said:
honestly 300mm will do ok... but you will not be able to pull up the detail that 1000mm does... even at 500mm (I tried both 500s I have..the Bigma and the 500L) the image looks "too far off" and when you crop it in you loose significantly...

so basically instead... if you cant get the intricate detail of the surface I would do something artsy like plan a nice ground level background that you can get with the 300mm (trees around the moon or such)...

Thanks, im going to have to try another night.

Orgnoi1 said:
when you go brighter you start losing details... out of the twenty or so shots... this is the one I liked the most...

Hehe, I have no experience with a telephoto. That's very good information to know.

Nice photo! I noticed your camera settings and just clued in that photographing the moon is not a 'night scape', it's a photograph of a bright sunlit object. Here only for few hours and I've learned something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back