Decrepit farm vehicle C&C

robitussin217

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt at black and white as I love color but am trying to keep things simple. I don't really try to do anything more than decent snaps. But, I'm trying my hand at actual photography and was trying in these photos to keep it simple.

decrepit001edit.jpg

decrepit009.jpg

decrepit010.jpg

decrepit8bw.jpg

decrepit8.jpg

I think in this photo it may be better to have that rust color included?

I shot these under an overcast sky so I was worried about the contrast. My opinion of these shots is that they are just kinda cool maybe passable to be glossed over on an Applebees wall or something. So, let me know what you all think if you don't mind.

The color adds so much more in the last one. I love it.

I can only see #1, so that is the only one I will comment on... you say it's black and white, but where is the black? it looks overexposed to me. in my opinion, black and white photos look the best when they're loaded with contrast. my 2 cents.

I can only see #1, so that is the only one I will comment on... you say it's black and white, but where is the black? it looks overexposed to me. in my opinion, black and white photos look the best when they're loaded with contrast. my 2 cents.

Thanks, and the first one is the only one of the set that is set on +.3 as I previously shot a worship service at the camp where I work. The rest are at -.7 for the d40's overexposing tendency.

I'll try to choose a better subject and location if I try B&W again.

The color adds so much more in the last one. I love it.

Thanks for the love! And yeah, I'll have to keep trying to find locations or compose things such that color is entirely unnecessary.

I enjoy the last image the most, in both color and B&W. I also agree with robert that you should try and make sure that you have enough true black to balance the image. I also like the second image because it has a more limited DOF.

I'd work on your black and white conversion (using more contrast and proper exposure) and search for interesting compositions. The last one is cool because it shows that interesting pattern on the side of the tractor.

I enjoy the last image the most, in both color and B&W. I also agree with robert that you should try and make sure that you have enough true black to balance the image. I also like the second image because it has a more limited DOF.

I'd work on your black and white conversion (using more contrast and proper exposure) and search for interesting compositions. The last one is cool because it shows that interesting pattern on the side of the tractor.

Thank you for the reply! I converted the last image to black and white with picasa. The rest were shot in black and white mode on my D40 which apparently is a mistake. So, my b&w conversion knowledge is very limited.

I'm wondering where to start since I don't have photoshop. I've got a lot to learn about using filters.

The last one is definitely the best shot, and the best black and white. The first shots are definitely a little more on the white side, so they seem a bit bland.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back