Desert Dancing

Virtue Effects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello guys and gals this is my first time posting something on this forum so if I'm doing something wrong let me know.

4704266465_cd06666a72.jpg

4708020649_9618fb8876.jpg

4704908030_daaf5579e5.jpg

4704268235_c08e8d34ba.jpg

4709806910_87ca791899_b.jpg

Both. If I need to put the images in a different place or something.

She's people so you are doing fine as far as the site is concerned. IMHO.

As for your photos, I like the idea but level your horizons. Tilted horizons rarely add anything and in this case they don't look like they were tilted intentionally.

Two, when you include the sun in the photo, you need to make sure the shadows make sense. And in this case they don't. The strongest ones come from your lights, not from the sun. Yet, your model is still pretty dark in most of the shots.

Three, there is no good reason why your model's hands are cut off at the top in the first one. Or so close to the top anyway. You are in a wide open space and there should be some space there.

Cheers. Will be looking for more of your work in the future.

Okay, well I fixed the horizons on theses ones.

4710008641_232eda9cd7.jpg

4710633406_4f4c8e4eec_b.jpg

As for the shadows it's a little difficult to control them but I'll watch out for them next time.

The reason I'm cropped so tightly on the first one is because I don't have a wider lens, so I worked with what I had. And this was the best on of the group, her hand is fairly close, but you can still see space above it.

i really like the shots.

Most of them were light with an octabox (softbox) from above and just a generic fill light. The lights were alienbees, and the camera was a D700 with Sigma 50mm.

I LOVE this set! The last one is my favorite by far. The first one I feel like you need to fix what I believe is her skirt right by her butt? Not sure what's going on there but it's distracting. Other than that those these are really awesome.

Thanks, yes the dress was having issues, just because it was super windy out there.

Beautiful set. The dancer/model and the location are perfect. 1 and 2 are my favs.

Very cool, great shots :thumbup:

#3 was very nicely done for me. I see some things I might not have done, personally, but still very nicely done IMO.

wow, this is a very beautiful set and the shadows are in the right place!

Most reactions

Back