Desperation in land of the neutral.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just spent 3 months overseas in Austria and managed to get to Switzerland for a week. I did the touristy thing and visited every big city, one per day. In Luzern the weather was absolute poo. Cloudy and overcast all day. Not a single nice picture. So after going to the museum when it started raining I got desperate I wanted one nice photo.

DSC_6774.jpg

Taken with the D200 which was wrapped in my scarf while I was standing in the pouring rain. I think it was worth the cold I got :) Still needs a bit of editing though.

yes it's a pity that shots of that tower are as cliche as shots of the opera house in sydney. But still it was a case of right place at right time. I have about 3 of these images and all look drastically differe since I was fighting the sunset to take them.

you definitley got your nice photo, good for you!

Whats great about this shot is it brings so many great elements into one image. DOF, great color, interesting subject, and the reflection all contribute to an overall good shot. This could possibly benefit from a slight crop. It might be worth a try.

-Will

It will definitely benefit from a crop. Mostly because it's not level and the borders will need cropping after ;)

I was just a bit worried that the railing was too distracting, but if you follow it you come to the bridge and that brings the eye right back into the tower. As soon as I get a video card capable of using photoshop I'll give it an edit (my computer blew up a few days ago and I forgot a new videocard)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back