Devil Ate My Camera

Huminaboz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I thought I'd mention that about a week after I started posting on this forum, I was sitting out at a party with my camera in my pocket next to a pool. My shorts leg was barely dipped into the water, which I didn't notice at the time. Slowly the water absorbed into my shorts and soaked the pocket which contained my camera.

I remember saying something like, "Holy crap that looks cool" and grabbing my camera to take a photo. Once the camera made it's auto-focus noises, it started to flash incredibly bright several times in a row. I found this odd and went to look at the digital screen when the camera suddenly turned itself off.

Hasn't come back on since :(

My last post contained the final pictures I had left that I wanted to post so now I'm out of material until I can get some more camera action.

I must say though, I've learned at least four times what I once knew after hanging out in this forum. And I'd like to take the time to say thanks for sharing and spreading creativity. The only problem is, I haven't had a chance to play with or apply the new things I've learned and it's driving me crazy. Every time I see a photo opportunity I smash my head on something.

I called up the company and they said the camera was still under warranty after I told them what happened. Mailed it in and they send back a bill which basically states that although the "camera" was under warranty, the "broken parts" were not. $113 please.

*slams head on desk*

So anyway, it's time to start looking into a new digital camera, I was using a Canon Powershot A60, any suggestions on good upgrades. I'm really looking for something I can play out my macro addiction on and get to the texture of things while maintaining some beautiful color. I'm not a big equipment sorta guy, more of an "oooh, pretty" guy.

KAY THANKS

That stinks! I have noticed that most manufacturers have a warrantee that covers the item but not the parts. I have read that some of the best digitals for macro shots are the Minolta Z1 and Z2. They have a super macro setting that has gotten a ton of good reviews.

Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope that you can find a replacement soon.

Thanks for the tip, you've given me an excellent start on my uh.. camera studies

Most reactions

Back