Devise for SD card, to wirelessly upload images to Phone?

shadowlands

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone make a small devise that you can stick your SD card into, and select a few images, then wirelessly, via wifi, send them to your phone? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

They make wifi enabled SD cards. Here's an explanation of what's available How to add Wi-Fi to your dSLR
I've heard of them. Anyone using them. Noticed the reviews on Amazon aren't generally great.

I have a more advanced version "Flucard 64" in my Pentax, that allows wireless transfer as well as wireless control of camera functions on my tablet. Frankly I don't use it that much because it disconnects quickly if you're not using it (haven't found the settings to increase the time), and it will only transfer JPEGS, not Raw. I'm not sure if the eye-cards are the same.

Are you looking specifically for your D800 or for any SD card?

Are you looking specifically for your D800 or for any SD card?
My D800. Just would be nice on vacations and such, to be able to send a few files to my phone. I don't want to buy another camera just to able to do so.

I saw a newpaper photog, a couple of weeks ago shooting with a 1Dx and was able to send selected images from her camera to her phone. She was using something that looked like an Apple TV box that was in a pouch on her monopod and was wired to her camera. I didn't get to talk with her enough to get into details of how it works.

There was an interesting article a while back about a photographer that used the Raspberry Pi to send images to her server where the directory was set to be read automatically by LR and automatically processed and Exported to her social media account. That would allow her to see the images on her phone, but she did this so the clients would also be receiving the images during the event. You could add the wifi SD card and just send that to the Raspberry Pi if you don't want to be taking the card out (or just have a number of SD cards so you can have one uploading while the other is in the camera).

I bought the silly wireless device from Nikon, it's slow and the phone app is awful. If you have a loaded SD card, it takes FOREVER to get connected and load. 9 times out of ten it disconnects during transfer to the the phone and then you have to start all over again.

the wifi function of my a6000 is something I will truly miss. Like a comet on Earth to the dinosaur.

I bought the silly wireless device from Nikon, it's slow and the phone app is awful. If you have a loaded SD card, it takes FOREVER to get connected and load. 9 times out of ten it disconnects during transfer to the the phone and then you have to start all over again.

the wifi function of my a6000 is something I will truly miss. Like a comet on Earth to the dinosaur.

I remember that. Had that on my former D600 & Coolpix A. Miss it, but like you said, it couldn't deal with much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back