Did Anyone Use Astrostu's Lunar Eclipse Photography Guide?

A

astrostu

I'm curious to know if folks actually used this and found it useful. Or if you had problems with it - if parts were not clear, for example.

Please feel free to leave constructive feedback either on this thread or PM me.

I read it, actually printed it since its easier to read on paper. It helped me understand what was what and why it is what it is (if that made sense).

I haven't had any time to do any PP to my photo's but I'm happy with them so far. I liked the guide since one can never have to much info :) Thanks again for it.

Nope, I didn't use it. Not because of the quality of the guide or anything, but simply because I jumped on the computer to specifically download the guide and read while I waited for the beginning of the eclipse and my internet connection was down. I got the net back at...... 11 pm, after the eclipse was over for me :(

i skimmed it, but apparently missed the important parts, LOL. maybe next time around i'll allow more time for literature.

DSC_0504.jpg

I printed it, and found it very useful. I made some tests shots leading up to the night....then the big night and complete cloud cover in my area. I was quite bummed. :(

Thanks for the write up.

I read most of it and it helped. I dkipped the math because I didn't need a headache(not your fault). The only thing that would have been better is if you included a 600mmf4 lens and a tracking mount for my tripod;)

I read it; twice the day of the event as well as skimming it during the event for information. I think I got some OK shots of the eclipse, but as it was my first try I feel that I could do alot better with more practice and more understanding. Thanks for posting it though, it was certainly helpful!:thumbup:

Yes, I used it and found it helpful. Read it beforehand and made sometest shots on the previous full moon.

I didn't use it during the eclipse, which may have been a mistake. I'll check it again later to see if it warns about the error I made and if it doesn't I'll PM you about it.

Been so busy I haven't even had time to sort all my photo's of the eclipse. Here is the best shot I got. Only editing I did was to shrink the image to 800x600. Thought about cropping it but decided not to.

Eclipse.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back