Did Anyone Use Astrostu's Lunar Eclipse Photography Guide?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by astrostu, Feb 22, 2008.

1. astrostu

astrostu Guest

I'm curious to know if folks actually used this and found it useful. Or if you had problems with it - if parts were not clear, for example.

Please feel free to leave constructive feedback either on this thread or PM me.

2. BYoung

BYoung TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I read it, actually printed it since its easier to read on paper. It helped me understand what was what and why it is what it is (if that made sense).

I haven't had any time to do any PP to my photo's but I'm happy with them so far. I liked the guide since one can never have to much info :) Thanks again for it.

3. mrodgers

mrodgers No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Nope, I didn't use it. Not because of the quality of the guide or anything, but simply because I jumped on the computer to specifically download the guide and read while I waited for the beginning of the eclipse and my internet connection was down. I got the net back at...... 11 pm, after the eclipse was over for me :(

4. notelliot

notelliot TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i skimmed it, but apparently missed the important parts, LOL. maybe next time around i'll allow more time for literature.

[​IMG]

5. lockwood81

lockwood81 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I printed it, and found it very useful. I made some tests shots leading up to the night....then the big night and complete cloud cover in my area. I was quite bummed. :(

Thanks for the write up.

6. Mr_Bester

Mr_Bester TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I read most of it and it helped. I dkipped the math because I didn't need a headache(not your fault). The only thing that would have been better is if you included a 600mmf4 lens and a tracking mount for my tripod;)

7. bryan_h

bryan_h TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I read it; twice the day of the event as well as skimming it during the event for information. I think I got some OK shots of the eclipse, but as it was my first try I feel that I could do alot better with more practice and more understanding. Thanks for posting it though, it was certainly helpful!:thumbup:

8. (Ghastly) Krueger

(Ghastly) Krueger TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, I used it and found it helpful. Read it beforehand and made sometest shots on the previous full moon.

I didn't use it during the eclipse, which may have been a mistake. I'll check it again later to see if it warns about the error I made and if it doesn't I'll PM you about it.

9. BYoung

BYoung TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Been so busy I haven't even had time to sort all my photo's of the eclipse. Here is the best shot I got. Only editing I did was to shrink the image to 800x600. Thought about cropping it but decided not to.

[​IMG]