Did I make a good decision?

Which one would you buy on a small budget?

• Total voters

Richard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raeelle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you had a small budget for a DSLR which one would you buy?

I went with the used 30D, was that smart? I want to start a small photography business, starting with outdoor portraits.

If prices were the same or close, the 30D is a good decision. It'll be something you can have for a long time. If the price was a significant difference, I would've gone with the XTi to spend more on lenses.

If you use it and like it, then it was a good decision, if you don't like it, then it was a bad decision.

Personally, (my own opinion) I think comparing the three, I wouldn't even consider the Rebels because of the menu setup. The 30d has much easier manual control. If you're asking if the 30d can be used professionally, then I think yes.

I think the 30D is a more professional caliber SLR then the other two, which would make good back-up bodies at best.

Sell it and get a Nikon D50 or D70 or maybe a D100.

If you are really on a tight budget then the manual lenses you can get for the Nikons make Nikon the hands down winner.

The other option is a second job. :)

Actually I am going to sell my Nikon D40 as soon as I get my Canon, I'm switching over. Nikon was great but Canon offers more lens options. Also I alreay have a second job. The second job is pretty much funding my hobby.

The 30D is a nice camera. I nearly bought one. When I got a new dSLR the choice between Nikon or Canon basically came down to a coin flip. I ended up going Nikon. Like somebody said, if you like it, it was the right choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back