difference between superia vs professional superia?

ckshen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
newbie question: what's the difference between superia and professional superia? it seems that they both have the 4th layer emulsion.

There is no difference. I checked b&h and they only carry superia so I'm not sure where you saw one that says pro and one that doesn't :scratch:

regardless, it's the same exact emulsion.

It says ProPack as opposed to Professional like NPZ, NPC, etc which are pro films.

From what I've seen, pro film seems to be closer to the maturation date than consumer films are. They expect pro film to be refridgerated and consumer film not to be, so the pro films tend to be of a consistant age to allow people to get more predictable results. So there can be a difference even if how it's made is the same.

Now that we are in fuji films, I have not seen the pro/consumer distinction in color negatives as Kodak has, when I asked if they had any pro film in color negatives they said no. mean while kodak has the portra vc and nc. although I prefer the Superia Reala over the portra any day more saturation. Kodak Supra was a real good film, and I don't know why here in guatemala we can't get Royal gold.... meh such is life

Most reactions

New Topics

Back