Digital Options

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by morydd, Oct 9, 2006.

1. morydd

morydd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I want to get a digital camera, and I'm looking at my options.
    Right now photography is just a hobby, so I don't need "professional gear" but I do want a good camera. I've got about $1200.

Here are my thoughts.

10D:
    Can buy used with the intent of replacing it in a year or two, and use the rest to buy accessories (lens, flash... stuff that will carry over to the next body)

20D:
    This would get me the extra resolution, but would limit the accessories more. I would probably not replace this for 3 or more years.

30D:
    I'd pretty much be limited to body, batteries and memory, but I'd have all the fun stuff in the camera.

I've already got canon glass, and i like the way they fit in my hand, so I'm sticking with canon.

Thoughts?

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    are you interested in buying any lenses? which ones do you have? glass usually comes first, so if you dont have any glass then I would skip on the 30d option. heck, even if you did skip on glass i might suggest dropping the 30d from the list just to save money to get MORE glass :crazy:

drop the 10d. there's honestly no reason to buy one now, especially since they only accept EF lenses. if you want to save money look into a 350d/400d.

the 20d gets my vote. alot better than the 10d, only a little inferior to the 30d (image quality, autofocus, metering, body strength, and fps is the same - all the major stuff) , and you can get it for under $900 pretty easily.

3. W.Smith

W.Smith TPF Noob!

What Alpha said