Digital slr

thedj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey hows everyone doing! (first post woot!)

anyhow i finished my first photography gig and everything went awsome.

But now i am looking to buy a digitial slr. so i was wondering what would be a good suggestion on a camera i could get. what companys are better and the such. just any inside stuff or tips you can give me for buying a camera. i already have suffiecnt space and computing power and photoshop devoeted to one computerso theres nothing to worry about on that horizon.

im looking for somthing where i can do like portraits to things like weddings to sports things. i know theres also alot of lenses and what not involved but anything you can tell will help. thanks.

depends on what you want to spend??

I have a Canon Rebel XT and love it but it is only an entry level...probably depending on what kind of "gigs" you plan on doing.

it depends on how much you want to spend and what you have at the moment

Dom

The Rebel XT is a great beginner's camera. It hits the lower price-point in DSLR's, yet its versatile enough that you can keep upgrading lenses, and probably not get stuck with unusable junk when you upgrade to a better camera body. Its plenty good for begnning professional work, or just exploring to see if photography is really your thing. If you take care of your equipment, you can usually get a good percentage of your money back out of it when you go to sell it, too.

If you just finished your first photography gig, I think it's safe to assume that you have some equipment already. What do have? The things you mentioned you want to shoot can be shot with any camera. You'll want a few different lenses though probably. How much are you willing to spend?

Most reactions

Back