Disc Repair Devices - Do they Really Work?

iSellJerseyShore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.iselljerseyshore.com
They don't work any better than cleaning the DVD with your fingers and a few drops of dish detergent like Dawn. Rubbing gently the disc with than and then rinsing with plenty of water and finally drying it with a lintless and soft rag does the trick for me.

I've heard that toothpaste works as well but never tried it.

toothpaste apparently takes hair dye off skin. I found out this is not true when my mum made a mess of my face with red hair dye. It took lots and lots of scrubbing and my skin turned red raw, but finally I could no longer see the dye.

We have one of those at the library to repair scratched dvds. I recently found a music cd in the parking lot that was scratched to hell and back...luckily there were no cracks in the disc. It played but skipped on almost every song. I used the buffer on the disc and it HELPED a lot. now it plays almost all of the songs without any skips. I've heard of teh toothpaste method to. not sure if it works though.

I use Exact Audio Copy. I have a cd that is scratched to all hell. It took 3 hours, but EAC completely copied the disc and now I have a copy that is in perfect playing condition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back