Displaying my images

thedogsdanglers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all I've been into photography for just over a year, mostly self taught so please excuse any silly questions I have over these next few months or so, but there are areas of photography that I still need to get a grip of.

So my first question is can anyone point me in a good place to start displaying my images, mostly for feedback etc but also for the pleasure of others to view. I have been thinking of starting up a website, a package one, whereby I can post my images and maybe write a blog etc, I'm not looking to sell any just yet, I understand there are several companies offering free trials etc and cheep packages but I want a nice looking one relatively easy and fuss free to use. Any recommendations?

Also if I am to post images on here, will I need to use photobucket or something similar?

Regards

Carl

For displaying photos, I use Flickr: they give you a free TB of space. It's easy to post the photos here or fb with their share feature - just copy & paste the code. I can't help you with the blog; I tried one a couple of years ago and quickly found that I can't write. Google has Blogger, if you wanted to lean that way.

Thanks snowbear, I already use fb via lightroom (but many of my fb friends are outside of the photography world) and know I can also upload via that to Flickr so I guess it's just a case of setting up a flickr account and doing the same. I have no problem with writing (apart from on these iPads :-/) and quite enjoy it so I'll take a look at the google one for a start.

Also if I am to post images on here, will I need to use photobucket or something similar

no. you can post images from your computer. Click on that square button above, with the tree and you'll find your way

Thanks mmaria, can't see it on the iPad but I'll do it from home on the laptop. Seems to save a lot of hassle uploading elsewhere.

Most reactions

Back