Diy macro Lighting

Cooler and cheaper:

BrilliantQuickDirtyMacroSoftBox.jpg

I Know it's intended for Macro, but I decided to try some portrait type shots too - Here's a couple of shots - On the right, straight built-in flash from the K10D. On the left, using the $.03 filter pictured above :) No post processing, save for a little cropping. I Know it could do with a little white balance adjustment for a start, but that wasn't the purpose of the shots.

Range was about 1.2m (4 feet).

thomasx2.jpg

Now try again at 25cm (10") or closer.
(And obviously not a baby, but – say – a coin, a bracelet, a flower, etc.).

I've done some wargaming miniatures at about 20cm, with the K10 and with an A95 P&S - Even more useful in those circumstances!

Ignoring the poor painting and poorly set up shot, this is the A95 at 20cm - No comparison shot, but I'm sure experienced members will know the A95 flash would have wiped out the minis to almost completly white...

IMG_4238-2.jpg

OK, So it's still not perfect, not as good as a proper lightbox or flash, but for less than 2c, who's complaining? :wink:

Oh, and I do actually plan trialing it at those sort of ranges on the baby too... Well, hands and feet of it anyway!

Hmm... looks like a really good idea... I really should try it out sometime. Well, if I can be bothered to stop posting on TPF! :lmao:

Wow...you guys get creative with your DIY's....Mine are much more simplistic. It usually involves some tubing with wires and a light bulb assembled somewhere in california. Along with a large number of batteries.

Wow...you guys get creative with your DIY's....Mine are much more simplistic. It usually involves some tubing with wires and a light bulb assembled somewhere in california. Along with a large number of batteries.

You forgot to mention you also need to sign a cheque, learn how it works, and endlessly explain to others.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back