Do FX lenses work on DX camera's

binarylegit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If I use a FX lens on a DX camera will there be any distortion or changes in the way the lens works? or will I be just using a smaller amount of the image that the lens provides?

They work very well! Because of the difference in sensor size... you get a smaller image (field of view) than you would on an FX body. It is like an in camera crop, if you will. You will get the field of view of a 75mm, on a 50mm FX lens.. basically x 1.5. The magnification of what you see doesn't change... just the image size. It is totally transparent and is exactly the same as if you were using a DX lens.. you will never notice the difference.

I shoot several FX lenses on my D7000.. and love them!

Last edited:
The first thing that will happen is the earth's overall temperature will rise 23.73°F. This will melt all the ice at the poles, and increase sea level across the globe by 17m. All nuclear power plants will mysteriously implode, causing massive radiation to be spread all over by prevailing winds. Your computer's hard drive will be erased, and your internet connection will fail.

If you own a pet, it will have an accident in the living room. Your cell phone will not accept a charge, and your mother will not call you tonight.

The final result of your actions will cause a black hole with a Schwarzschild radius of 671m to suddenly appear in the vicinity of New Zealand and swallow up the entire Solar System, leaving only the Oort Cloud unaffected. If it was capable of being recorded, the final act of humanity will be Michelle Bachman stating, "Dang... there goes my chance to get gas down to $2 a gallon!"

j/k. It's not a problem.... fire away!

ya crack me up, Sparky! :pP:

phew! I was worried, but now that I know I won't destroy the universe I feel much better! Thanks for the info everyone!

Luvin' the 24-70 FX flavor on my D7000 (but looking forward to Nikon's updated full frame coming too)
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back