Do you always have your camera & gear with you?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Breanna, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Breanna

Breanna TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have mine with me about 50% of the time. However, since I have my rented 24-70mm f/2.8 with me, I've left it at home more. I was too cheap to pay the $14 insurance, so it makes me nervous :lol:

I'm PISSED because today was an amazing photo day- huge puffy clouds and a vivid blue sky. I also witnessed a lady back into a fire hydrant and there was water shooting 50 feet into the air! Would have made for some cool shots. Doh!

2. DexGtr

DexGtr TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah......right now i'm at the office...and the camera backpack is beside me :D

3. Phelan

Phelan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Always no, frequently yes.

4. dxqcanada

dxqcanada Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    In my early photography days I used to sleep with my camera ... in case I needed to take a picture while dreaming.

Now ... I take photo's when I want to ... not when a random picture appears.

5. leighthal

leighthal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think my husband and kids are getting sick of me saying "ohhhh I wish I had my camera". I never have it when inspiration hits. Then again when I'm prepared inspiration never hits. Everything looks dull and boring when I venture out armed.

6. TheSon

TheSon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I wish my camera was built more sturdy, like metal plated :D, because then I would bring it everywhere and leave the camera bag home.

I take it with me as much as possible, but there are too many factors here that make me nervous... extreme weather (today was the first time over 30 in a loooong time), it getting knocked around, someone breaking my window and stealing it out of my car when I'm gone for only 5 minutes, etc.

But I miss it a lot when were sperated.

7. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Nope - mine tend to come out at specific times:

1) when I am going out on a trip specifically to use the camera
    2) out and about on holidays - but of course it depends on the destination as some places there is no point taking it.

Rest of the time it tends to sit unused - it a pain when I miss shots because of this, but its also a pain to have to carry around (and we all know that even if I did have it it would be in the bag/have the wrong lens on it for the grabshots - still miss it). Been thinking on (one day) getting a good superzoom bridge camera for those times when I just want a decent performing camera and not 1001 acessories

8. fwellers

fwellers TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Mine is with me always these days. Right in my Domke f2. I love that bag almost as much as my camera. hahaha.

9. hankejp

hankejp TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    When I 1st started out back in Aug., it was with me more than my wife was. Then it started to get too cold and I didn't want to keep bringing it in and out of the warmth/cold. Now that it's starting to get nice out again, I will probably start carrying it more. What really ticked me off was 2 days ago, a hot air balloon was out and it was over a farm. A really cool shot, but no camera with me. I took the camera with me yesterday and didn't see squat.

10. Dionysus

Dionysus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    always. i can carry pretty much most of my equipment (lenses, camera, and flash) in my tamarac messenger style bag, so it's not really an inconvenience. I dont want to be without it if i come across a once in a lifetime shot.

11. feRRari4756

feRRari4756 TPF Noob!

mines almost always with me. id say about 75 percent of the time.

12. Phranquey

Phranquey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A camera is with me at almost all times. The SLR is usually in the vehicle when I am out of the house, or there is a P&S in my coat pocket or wife's purse.