Do you crash after a shoot?

I've shot weddings for 12 hours before, not even paying attention to the time. Then I leave, get in my car for the 30 minute ride home. When I try to get out of the car, that's when it hits me... I often find myself limping to the front door. Legs, feet, thighs, and shoulders get a little cramped and sore. The next morning I pop a couple Aleeve and that helps alot.

I get the same way.....usually I am limping the day after I shoot a wedding.

I've got a wedding on Saturday that will last until the wee hours......on Sunday I have an appointmenet here: http://www.tenthousandwaves.com for nekkid hottubbing and a massage.

I certainly used to, but then again I was shooting motorsports: outdoors all day, lugging gear from corner to corner. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Exhausting!

Now I'm a lot older than I was when I was working - I'd better get to the gym!

Meanwhile Marian - I finally visited your site. Nice! Love the kid shots.

I used to feed off it. The more shoots I did the more energy I had. 17 hours of work, 4 hours of sleep and the rest in a club.
Oh to be young again (well... 30ish)

I remember my first paid shoot. It was a 20 something girl making a calendar for her boyfriend, a friend of my sisters. We shot for like 5 hours, because i thought it would be entirelly possible to get half the calendar done in one shot.. (didn't happen)

At the end of the shot, I remember standing over the model and literally shaking, not believing how tired my arms were.

Also I was nearly sweating while the model was freezing, but, that could've been from the model. lol jk

On the drive home, it was a long one, I remember not ever being that tired from my day job. It was an amazingly good feeling though, something I assume equivalent to a runner's high.

It depends on how many times I have lifted that 70-200 and D200 combination
up to my face... a couple of hundred times can be quite tiresome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back