do you remember her?

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
34200199-L.jpg

this was the cover of a 1985 national geographic issue. some of you may have seen, but when they took the pic they failed to learn her identity. 20 years later, they search for her.....check it out:

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0204/sights_n_sounds/media2.html

Yeah...Ok..now that I read it, they did find her.

I read about this a few years ago, in a National Geographic 'best photos' edition...I'll go see if I still have it. :)

I do. She had this amazingly expressive face, so beautiful, so haunted, too. I saw recently that they had found her, and taken another shot. :thumbup:

Interesting story! :)

Yes. I think it happened couple of months ago.

i figured you had...for those who haven't or just wanna see the video, click on the link...interesting story.

Too bad they didn't pluck her out of that society. She'd probably be a model with that face.

Gorgeous.

It sure is interesting. It is surprising that she did not know that her portrait was world famous! :)

danalec99 said:
It sure is interesting. It is surprising that she did not know that her portrait was world famous! :)

It would be surprising for people in our culture...but we can only really imagine exactly how her culture is.

That's what JonMikal is trying to do...he's trying ot make us more cultured with these National Geographic links! :lol:

There's that book i was talking about:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/100best/

I watched a one-hour long show about this on the N.G. channel...very interesting.

An interesting part was when they were in one of the major cities, just starting their search. That image is everywhere, it's being sold in tourist shops like it's a national flag....and she lives in a village with no idea about her fame.

Oh wow. Sure I know this face! But to know the story ... thank you so much, JonMikal, for alerting me to the film. How interesting! Thank you!

Most reactions

Back