Dockyard

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first proper attempt at night photography, a beach with a dockyard right across the bay. There were some kids playing in the foreground, they didn't come out too clear in the photo, I don't know how I would have picked them out better while still keeping the focus on the view...

Suggestions and critiques would be much appreciated!

LJDocksPic.jpg

Okay. Here's my thought. I would crop a little off of the top of the picture so the horizon isn't so centered. If the kids are there voluntarily, I would do a slight flash painting down low and very subtle. That way you could see more of the detail of the children and still have the background in sharp focus.

It is a very good shot and it really pulls you in. Great work.

Hey thanks,

I'll definitely take that on board and try it next time I'm ever there!!

Kind of a spooky effect. I agree about the crop at the top. I would also consider going the other way - burning in the image of the child on the right (in the white shirt) so it disappears leaving only the dark, ghostly, ripply image on the left...

Tuna

Personally I would do it using landscape mode and get more of the industrial aeria into the picture.

But on the good side I think it's great to see some black and white night shoots. I love black and white but I've never been sure how to do night shots using it.

ahelg: Thanks for the suggestion - I did consider landscape but that's really all there is to the industrial part, it doesn't stretch much further than the edge of the picture anyway!

santino: Thank you! That's really sweet of you!

I love night shots and you did well here. imho, i wouldn't change a thing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back