Does anyone know...

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So first of all, what's the difference between the 6mp Rebel from a year or so ago, and the new 8mp ones, other than the obvious?

Second, does anyone know if the Canons are compatible with the photo adapter thing for iPods? The rebel I'm getting only comes with a 256mb card, and instead of getting a bigger card for the camera I figure I'll just off load and delete to my iPod whenever it gets full?

This might be in the wrong forum, but I was hoping to get the maximum amount of users to see this, as It's not really a technical question about photography.

hummm, I don't know about transferring photos to iPods as my iPod is the older kind that doesn't have photos.

The difference between the two Rebels aside from their resolution is some features and size. I held a 6MP Rebel in my hands and it's significantly larger and heavier than the 8MP Rebel XT, which I own. Also, it's weird, it has all these features installed in it that the 8MP has, but Canon disabled them. Why? I don't know. They are stupid. :lol: They simply re-enabled them for the 8MP Rebel. I read that somewhere, and that supposedly a hack could get in there and enable the features on the Rebel but it would void the warranty or summat. Who knows.

In my pathetic little laymen's terms, those are the differences. :)

PachelbelsCanon350D said:
hummm, I don't know about transferring photos to iPods as my iPod is the older kind that doesn't have photos.

The difference between the two Rebels aside from their resolution is some features and size. I held a 6MP Rebel in my hands and it's significantly larger and heavier than the 8MP Rebel XT, which I own. Also, it's weird, it has all these features installed in it that the 8MP has, but Canon disabled them. Why? I don't know. They are stupid. :lol: They simply re-enabled them for the 8MP Rebel. I read that somewhere, and that supposedly a hack could get in there and enable the features on the Rebel but it would void the warranty or summat. Who knows.

In my pathetic little laymen's terms, those are the differences. :)

If you know anything more about that can you link up the info. I'm not buying brand new, so no warranty.

bace said:
--Second, does anyone know if the Canons are compatible with the photo adapter thing for iPods?---

It seem that it should copy the files for the camera, but I read that some cameras may not be 100% compatible, my guess is that the Raw format files will not display, I do recall someone posting on TPF that the ipod was very slow and heave power use.

A cheaper option is an USB Bridge device about $40 (US) and external hard drive; this option has two problems, one the need for AC power and it bulky.

From what I read on the apple site, the power problem isn't as bad as it seems. I don't see myself having to off load pics that many times before I get to a comp. It's just a cheap alternative to getting a bigger card. Mind you, my Dad told me he might be able to get a 1 gig card for $60 somewhere, so that might be an option too. I'm probably gonna buy an AC charger for the iPod too. They're small and cheap. All the extras will fit into my camera bag as part of my equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back