Does buying a camera make sense if I have a smartphone?

You could probably get a older model Dslr that someone never used.

I own a bicycle and an automobile. Both are modes of transportation, but they have different uses as transportation and each have advantages and disadvantages compared to the other.

Thank you for the response. Could you please specify which camera you have exactly? I’d love to take a look at it. I couldn’t find the Nikon D100 selling anywhere in my country unfortunatelly.

I was just using the D100 as an example. I do have one and use it for my small product setup. It is more than enough for internet photographs. It is a 20 year old model and is considered hopelessly obsolete by camera enthusiasts. But it will outperform a cell phone camera. I'm not recommending it. I'm simply providing an example of how to find a DSLR and lens (in the U.S.) within your budget. Since you ask, here is an image of my D100:

d100.jpg

d100.jpg
I have just purchased the D100 as I am a complete newbie and basically (for now anyway) just going to use it for bird identification, as I am new to this also.

Why doesn't someone produce a camera that you can phone your mama with? Picture the new Nikon Snap n' Yap.

Most reactions

Back