Does this DoF work in this image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*pffft* I don't have room to hang my work. Our house is filled with art.

If I'm being asked how much I like my own work? It's always getting better, and it's never quite there. *shrug*

Umm Bitter, you didnt answer my last question....

Why does he have to answer it? I just did.

If I had more than $5 in my pocket, I would message him right now to find out what size prints I could get from him to hang on the bare, bare walls of my apartment.

He could sell it.

Someone would buy it.

Like me.

I have a feeling that Mish might dig it too.

Hold up babe.
And you know I love you like sista......because you're married and all.

I asked him a question and I'd like to see the answer.
Of course Rose asked it first, but nonetheless.

Know what I mean babe?

If I'm being asked how much I like my own work? It's always getting better, and it's never quite there. *shrug*

Same as mine.
But that's not the question.
I'll ask again. Would you have this printed and hang it on your wall?
You don't have to dignify me with a reply but I feel it's a fair question since you both called each other out.
It's like you said..............and informative debate.

You asked a question , posted it to a topic, it got answered. You then asked other questions that were answered.
Can you not answer this one?

Nothing but respect dude.
I mean no harm here.

Eric there's also that thing where westerners are uncomfortable with foreground blur.

Also smaller apertures yield that diffraction starburst, which I think is just right here.

I'm just not really a huge fan of going against the flow just for the sake of it.

And if a photo's metaphor has to be explained in order to be understood, then it just doesn't work.

There are museums, and museums, and museums, chock full of work that need explanation. :sexywink:

MoMA is a good example of things that make you go WTF.

There are museums, and museums, and museums, chock full of work that need explanation. :sexywink:

You've moved away from the question, sir.
This tells me much.
With respect I asked a very valid question that you conveniently overlooked.
With all due respect, I know why.

The fan club, however, backed up what you do not feel you need to.
I feel that you knew better than to answer, " yes" to blackroses question.

You appear to be fairly OWNED on this one.

Stay tuned for the grand finally

LS...he said up above that he doesn't hang his art. How is that not an answer?

Note that this coming from someone who is too noob to be in anyones fan club...

Same as mine.
But that's not the question.
I'll ask again. Would you have this printed and hang it on your wall?
You don't have to dignify me with a reply but I feel it's a fair question since you both called each other out.
It's like you said..............and informative debate.

You asked a question , posted it to a topic, it got answered. You then asked other questions that were answered.
Can you not answer this one?

Nothing but respect dude.
I mean no harm here.

Yes, if I had a space for it.
But I may hang work in a different way than you.

If my dining room were different, I'd print this LARGE and put it on the wall at the end of the table, and I would hang similar bare bulb fixtures above the table. I mean, cant you just see it? The bulbs in focus could appear to be similar in size to my actual lights, and then there's that big OOF one just to **** with you. :)
I could also design and decorate a bathroom living room, kitchen, or bar around that image.

I like art to fit a space, not just fill space on a wall.

hahaha.. LS is pulling a "Bitter" on Bitter! That is funny! The old "keep asking the question, over and over again"!

I am nuetral here.. so keep it above the belt, gentlemen! No gouging, biting or other fouls will be tolerated! :)

LS...he said up above that he doesn't hang his art. How is that not an answer?

Note that this coming from someone who is too noob to be in anyones fan club...

No disrespect intended Bossy.
He avoided the question like the plague.
Only he knows why........though he has admitted that BlackRose put him in a corner.
Never have seen this happen before. He's a fairly bright guy and good with a camera.
Rose, she's just a beginner who just got her first camera. She's fared quite well in this. Against the odds.

I'm just giving HIM time to answer MY question.
Again, I hold you in high regard. No disrespect.

Eric there's also that thing where westerners are uncomfortable with foreground blur.

Also smaller apertures yield that diffraction starburst, which I think is just right here.

I'm just not really a huge fan of going against the flow just for the sake of it.

And if a photo's metaphor has to be explained in order to be understood, then it just doesn't work.

And there are gigabytes and gigabytes, and gigabytes of images that fall into the same category of yours.

I just don't find your image aesthetically coherent.

Ummm, I'm not in any corner. But if you need me to be, so be it.

hahaha.. LS is pulling a "Bitter" on Bitter! That is funny! The old "keep asking the question, over and over again"!

I am nuetral here.. so keep it above the belt, gentlemen! No gouging, biting or other fouls will be tolerated! :)

You aint seen nothin yet son.
You see Gipson, I'm well aware of why this entire episode transpired.
Rose didn't have anything to do with it.

I did. We all know that , don't we?
You know me Gipson, better than anyone here.
lol
You know most of my entire story.
You KNOW how I am.
lol

Yall want drama? I've faced adversity in my time. In way more than one way. In the ring, out of the ring and on a death bed.
Only to make a bigtime comeback with my second chance. I hope for all of you.......that in your lifetimes that you are as fortunate as I've been.
Not just to breathe, but to become successful at anything you want to do in life.

Now, I'll lay that bit to rest and move on.

I have nothing but respect for Mr. Jeweler.
I've seen his work, I think he's good. I also think that this is a guy much like me who is passionate about photography.
And you, and many here watching this. I'm not trying to pick on the dude, but I'm gonna kill this with the next post.
And then hopefully we all move on, shake hands or come out fighting, either way it don't matter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back