Does your photographing hobby/interest annoy your friends/fa

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wondering how many of you have friends and/or family that get annoyed with you bringing your camera everywhere you go and with you stoping to take pictures here and there? Stopping while your driving to take pictures? Etc?

Sure they do! :D But generally, they just think it's weird. Not so much my husband, since he's an aerial photographer by trade who has done some weddings and other professional jobs on the side, but for him it's like I'm almost bringing up something work-related. For me it's nothing but fun, so he is more understanding, though he may want me to put a lid on it sometimes.

Everyone else, yeah, I think they just find me a little weird. What's up with THAT?!? :shock:

what seems to bother my family is when i gripe about having to take pictures at family gatherings and such instead of just hanging out with the family and takin it easy like everyone ELSE gets to do. they get pissed when i don't bring my camera or i just tell them i don't feel like taking pictures. as if studying photography means i have to want to take pictures 24/7. ummmmm, no thanks.

some used to be bothered, but they now know I will not show off any incriminating photos to those who were not present at the time it was shot. :p

I have a few large size friends who are always displeased with me take pics of them. I do it now just to annoy them. Taking shoots of people eating is good way to get people mad at you.

It is always mixed with my family and friends. They all love to have the pictures afterwards and will frame them and show them to people who were not there.

However there are times when they just want me to sit around and not take pics but always get upset if I don't bring my camera. Sounds like a double standard doesn't it. Basically they want me to work in an on demand mode.

my hubby does not get annoyed, we're both in it :D ... although sometimes i get annoyed when it takes us 10 mins to walk two blocks :?

I feel your pain about family and pictures Carli, I hate taking the family snapshots, and mainly shooting B&W it just doesn't work well for "snapshots" perhaps i will get a digital, then it wouldn't be so bad, but yeah i just wanna hang out and have fun too.

As for everyone else, they think i am nuts. They get pissy when i tell them to pull over to shoot some clouds, or anything else that sparks my interest.

Most reactions

Back