donating D100, flash, lens, case, CF cards

I would like to have my name in the hat, not for me (per se), but for my older brother as a Christmas gift. He has an older PnS camera that he uses, and has shown more interest in photography, especially seeing the pics I take with my camera. I think this would be a great camera for him to learn and use. If this does not fit the qualifications, I'll totally understand. Thanks for being Santa =)

A good deal of thought goes into every donation. The criteria are pretty simple, but deciding who best fits them isnt. Me and the wife have to agree on every recipient, and sometimes determining who best "needs" something requires more than just looking at peoples gear list. We look at their situation, what they need it for, and what equipment they already have. Sometimes we will PM someone and ask other questions. We also look at forum posts and how active they are on TPF. All we can do is take people at their word and assume people are being honest with us. The more information we have the better chance there is to make an informed decision.

I would like to throw my hat in on this one. We have a photography class here at the High School where I teach band and do some consulting with the photography teacher. They are desperate for descent digital cameras. The students usually use their phones and whatever else they can dig up as we have little funds for equipment. This camera would be a welcome addition to the school.

Thank you for your consideration,

Tom Straight Band Director
North Marion High School
1 North Marion Drive
Farmington WV 26571

I would love to be in the drawing for this. I been wanting a good DSLR. I am 18 and going to college in the fall. I will be majoring in photography and I need a good camera to take better pictures. My family had to file for bankruptcy and all our money go into sending a large check each month. I would be so happy if I got this. It would change my life cause thats how much I love photography.

holy crap!
this stuff is getting far more interest than we ever imagined it would. especially given that it is a pretty old camera for digital.
(and I hear it produces crappy JPEG images...don't know though, we shoot RAW)
anyway, this ones going to be a lot tougher than we thought. I had originally figured i was going to have to let this thread run for a while just to drum up a few interested people. since that doesn't seem to be the case here, we will probably wrap this up before Christmas.

There have been zero issues in the past, and zero fussing over who we have picked for our donations. we appreciate that, and would very much like that trend to continue. the decision for this one will be a little harder than the others since there seems to be quite a few more than qualified (and deserving) recipients. so i would like to make a suggestion to any and all applicants... we base our decisions on many factors...the persons situation, what gear they already have, what they need it for, who they need it for and why, their history and activity on the forum...its a very personal decision for us, and its that way by design. the more information you give us about yourself, your situation, your current gear, and what you hope to accomplish with our donation, the better suited WE are to make an informed decision. im NOT suggesting writing a term paper sob story, but rather an honest, detailed post covering the criteria I mentioned.

It would sure make our job a whole lot easier with this donation. it will also make it as fair as possible, and unless someone gives us a reason NOT to trust them, we take everyone at their word. thanks everyone, and good luck.

My tractor won't start, my dog died and my wife left me. I sure could use a good camera to take pictures of my burned out barn that was struck by lighting as I was being taken to the hospital for a life threatening operation. Did I mention my D200 is lonely and depressed and needs a sole mate? I understand if I don't qualify, I'm used to rejection.

My tractor won't start, my dog died and my wife left me. I sure could use a good camera to take pictures of my burned out barn that was struck by lighting as I was being taken to the hospital for a life threatening operation. Did I mention my D200 is lonely and depressed and needs a sole mate? I understand if I don't qualify, I'm used to rejection.

you could be a shoe in with a story like that Rick...ill have the wife take a look.
sorry about the tractor.

I would like to throw my hat in on this one. We have a photography class here at the High School where I teach band and do some consulting with the photography teacher. They are desperate for descent digital cameras. The students usually use their phones and whatever else they can dig up as we have little funds for equipment. This camera would be a welcome addition to the school.

Thank you for your consideration,

Tom Straight Band Director
North Marion High School
1 North Marion Drive
Farmington WV 26571

Greybeard... I may be in a position to help your kids in a different way... I'll send you a PM to discuss further.

you could be a shoe in with a story like that Rick...ill have the wife take a look.
sorry about the tractor.

:lmao: Hopefully I'll still be able to see who the winner is. My computer is about to die, but my 16 kids need shoes :lmao:

sorry about the tractor.

:lmao: Hopefully I'll still be able to see who the winner is. My computer is about to die, but my 16 kids need shoes :lmao:

Wow. You ONLY have 16 kids? Lucky you; beats my 25. AND you have a working computer--I just had my son root one of those trac-fones so that it could be used to access the internet, whenever we can pick up a signal from unsuspecting neighbors. :lmao:

Pixmedic: I think you already have more information than you ever really wanted about me. :biglaugh:
But, I will publicly state what I've already privately told you: I don't envy you and your wife the task before you, and I know that you truly do try to take a lot of things into account and pick the recipient you believe will really benefit the most from it. No matter WHO you pick, you'll get nothing from gratitude and accolades from me!

I think what you and your wife are doing is great and I think who ever you choose will be lucky and we should all be thankful for having you and your wife here at tpf.

Well, I absolutely, positively MUST have this camera and I have an absolutely compelling reason why I must! You see, I already I have a 2-digit body (D90) and I already have a 4-digit body (D7000) but I desperately NEED a 3-digit body for no other reason that to fill than blank between them ;)

Seriously, I think it's a wonderful thing you guys do and it allows some people who might otherwise be unable to get a a start in photography a solid beginning.

Very cool of you to do this. Don't consider me for this please, just wanted to subscribe and and say it was cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back