I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dug this out while rummaging through storage. Not something I really need since I default to either the manfrotto tripod or monopod.
everything works fine on it. has built in bubble level. all the leg locks work well. it has a secondary set of leg locks that allow you to spread the legs out even farther to get the tripod pretty low to the ground. built it 3-way pan head. (I am a huge fan of 3-way head) It also has a geared center column for extra height and adjustments.

there is a catch though.....the quick connect post is a 1/4 inch thread, not the usual 3/8 inch thread. I don't really see this as a huge issue since you can most likely just order a replacement in the right size, or an adapter pretty cheap....but im throwing the info out there anyway since you wont be able to just mount your camera or ball-head to it as-is. (unless you use a camera with a 1/4 inch connection, or you already have an adapter)

This tripod seem to be fairly sturdy. the pan head works fine, and all the swivel points tighten and loosen fine with proper movement.
Overall it is in EX- condition.

minimum height 24.8 inches
maximum height 63 inches
closed length 27 inches
load capacity 5.5 lbs
tripod weight 6 lbs

so.....there it is.
need a tripod but cant afford one? here you go. I am a big proponent of tripod/monopod use and while i may not be able to put a tripod in everyone's gear bag, I can at least put a tripod in one persons.
if you are interested, post here with the camera/lenses you plan on mounting on it, and how you feel a tripod will help improve your photography.

This tripod is FREE to a good/needy home. we will cover shipping costs. (continental U.S. only) this will arrive at your door with zero out of pocket expenses to you.
I am in Miami for Critical Care Transport certification most of this month so i don't know exactly when i will be able to get it shipped out, but i shouldn't have much of a delay in picking a recipient.

*please excuse the crappy P&S pics*

$SAM_0156.jpg
$SAM_0155.jpg
$SAM_0157.jpg
$SAM_0160.jpg
$SAM_0161.jpg
$SAM_0162.jpg

Last edited:
I usually don't respond to your wonderful posts about donating, because you usually state you will only ship to the US. Is that the case for this one too? I totally understand if it is.

I usually don't respond to your wonderful posts about donating, because you usually state you will only ship to the US. Is that the case for this one too? I totally understand if it is.

I totally forgot to add that part in my post.
Yea, I usually only ship to continental U.S. because we pay for shipping. my wife is Canadian and has family there so we know how expensive shipping up there can be.

Totally understandable. And you and your wife are extremely generous for the donations.

I would love this! I don't have a tripod yet and money is tight. I would be shooting my Nikon D3200 on it, with iether the 18-55mm kit lens or my sigma 70-300mm. It would definitley help me out, specialy at the racetrack, and since my sigma doesn't have any type of image stabilization. Maybe I'd even try out some landscaping of our beautiful area here.
And it should be noted, you can probably just pop that clip off the threads of that screw for the camera and replace it with a new 3/8 bolt and clip for under $.50 at the hardware store. I'd need to see the under side of the adapter to confirm it, but it's most likely a very quick, cheap, easy fix. You might have to drill out the hole and maybe clearance the underside of the head a little, but easy if you have a drill or dremel. I'm an ex-mechanic so I'm crafty like that ;)

Note to self: Find Pixmedic's closet.

this is the quick release post. it drops down into a hole in the tripods top plate.
I assume you can simply either order one of these in the right thread size, or get an adapter for it.

$SAM_0163.jpg$SAM_0164.jpg

How does it actually lock to the plate? I'm assuming you cant just pull it up and out at anytime, right?

You can. There's a lever that quick releases it from the plate. It's half way retarded, because you're camera can't sit on a surface that's not the tripod itself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back