Don't use "print" as the last word in your title, lol.

LCARSx32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lcarsx32.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
wth LOL.. Ill start another one

I don' think that has anything to do with the word 'print'.

I've seen that happen several times, and I chalk it up to a bug in the forum software. I don't know what causes it and I don't know the fix.

So if anyone finds that their post (or posts) are 'only half loaded' like that. Just sit tight and try it again at a later time.

*edit*
I apologize. I just tested it out and it IS a result of ending the title in 'print'.

I can't fix it because it won't give me the option of editing it, to change the title and once on that page, there are no controls options at all.
So just do it again, but change the title.

Last edited:
LOL.. thats weird. Must be a BB code command or something.

What happens if your username is Big Print instead of Big Mike?

:lol:....good question.

I could ask them to change your name 'Schwettylens print'...but we might never hear from you again. :lol:

lol. I can think of a certain member (former now, I think?) I would like to see that done to.

It's interesting, if you add -print to the end of any thread, it takes you to the printable version.

It's interesting, if you add -print to the end of any thread, it takes you to the printable version.
Yes, that is interesting...but I find it disconcerting that I can't change it back, once it becomes a printable version.
Although, I guess that someone will full admin permissions would be able to change it.

Confirmed. This is a vBulletin forum bug. I know some pretty awesome programers very intimate with this forum software. I'll report back if I get an answer.

Technically, it's not a bug, although, you could call it a "runtime error". This is just expected behaviour, planned poorly.

Using what I presume is Apache mod_rewrite or something similar, it sees readable URLs and loads the thread corresponding to the the threadid in the URL. When it sees "print.html" at the end of the URL, it loads the printable version.

Changing it should be as simple as changing the rewrite rule to something less likely to be in a thread title, although that would break any links to the printable version of the thread.

OK, so, important safety tip- don't cross the streams. Oh, I mean, don't end a subject with "print." Got it.

I thought you guys didnt like me.. I kept seeing only 1 view.

If anything its a bug in the VBSeo software(thats what parses the thread title into the name)

If a mod can find the original thread in the forum thread list you can double click near the end of the title and edit the title.

meh i can't edit titles anymore for some reason... so i couldn't do jack, will have to get that sorted too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back