Double Rainbow C&C

moze229

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all. I stepped outside this evening after a thunderstorm and found this outside in the distance. I didn't have a lens wide enough to catch the whole thing, and I was in the middle of a subdivision so I couldn't get anything else in the frames. I had to revert to my trusty kit lens and had to use a low aperture setting because it was sort of dark. It was also raining a little. But I did remember to grab my polarizer :thumbup: I didn't have a lot of time because I wanted to get as many shots as possible before it disappeared. There seemed to be a lot of noise in the originals and there is still some noise even after pp. Is this because of the low aperture I had to use? I had some at ISO 100 and some at 200. These are not cropped.

3846517263_58a3e97f1c_o.jpg

3846517139_333fc34054_o.jpg

Anyway, these two I think came out the best. I never tried to take shots like this so I didn't know exactly the best settings to use. I'm accustomed to shooting for sharpness, but you can't really do that with a rainbow :) Also, I know these aren't really worthy of signatures or anything but it makes me feel better with my stuff being displayed everywhere (even though it could just be edited out) because I'm just funny like that. Let me know what YOU would have done to make these better. Thanks!

Matt

Here's the "snapshot" version, but the widest shot I could get. Unfortunately that came along with some trees and my neighbor's house :)

3847468612_fc4648e159_o.jpg

Matt

Holy crap! Super shots. Lucky you. Nicely done. I think I like the second one over the first. Both are great, though.

Thanks! I preferred the second one as well. I appreciate your comments, but I'm gonna get grilled here soon, I can feel it :)

Matt

I think these kinda photo's look better when you can't see the whole rainbow but thats just my opinion :)
These photo's are good + yes you are very lucky that you had that photo opportunity! Normally when I see a rainbow the sky is still all dull and stuff from when it was raining.
I like the second one because you can see the double rainbow more, but I also like the first one because the sky is bright. Both good photo's, well done!

Most reactions

Back